If you were the a world leader what would you change?

someguy111
Wallet After Summer Sale -

This could also be called the politics thread.

If I were leader of a country I would push for clean and renewable energy. Not only is it good for the environment but it’s a stable source of jobs.

I would also have a very unique tax system which is nothing at all like what we have today. No worries about audits, filing dates, liens/levies, records keeping, etc. Instead the government would have exclusive rights to some services everyone needs. Why not just a sales tax on everything? Because I want people to be able to buy and sell things like a house and car and such without having to pay tax. Not only does it save them money but it’s far less complicated. Basically utilities like electricity such would be government owned businesses which no one could compete against; it’s a purposeful monopoly. While it may sound like a bad idea because complete control means they can make the price skyrocket and therefore make it so no one can afford basic necessities, they prices would be guaranteed to be sold at a fair market value, the same price as if you were to buy them from a private company. The profits made from the sale of the utilities would be the county’s tax revenue.

Edit: I just noticed there is a typo in the title. It should say “if you were a world leader what would you change?”
Background Pony #68A2
I would immediately remove myself from leadership with a very generous severance package.
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
Have a almost completely autonomous central and province government.

What I mean by that is say the budget wouldn’t be decided by politicians, rather instead it would be decided by a permanent department that would not only set the budget, but things like taxes and such.

Also any and all new laws would have to go through the judicial system first before being voted on.
Randomosaur
Duck - Like the movies Birds, but with just ducks. Ducks everywhere.
Thread Starter - Person Above You

I would legalize genetic modification and exotic pets, and also legalize stem cell research. Also, Jehovah’s Witnesses and Scientologists would not be allowed to have, adopt or conceive children.
Number1pegasus
Thread Starter -  Waifu Thread

The Element of laughter
The world will now be a video game!

Get money out of boxes in the sky and level up on you’re way to work by doing quests to gain experience!
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
Let me research my 3 favorite countries (Hong Kong, switzerland and Singapore) first

|| gee I have such a hard on for western civ ||

I will also be researching Gujarat (Indian province) and Finland
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
@Whatevs  
Quite frankly, I admire European Cultures.  
Why do countries with awesome people and culture always have to be ruined by shitty bureaucracies?  
Granted, Eastern bureaucracies is just as, or even more f-ed up.
Background Pony #4613
Everyone speaks one consistent language, encourage humanitarianism and normalize things generally considered “bad” (listening metal, punk and rock music for example).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide