"Man, that's metal."

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
@Zincy  
Even though. Most MMO, like all mass produced stuff, will be quite subpar. Why do all games have to be either space Marine FPS or 3rd person hack and slash all day RPG? Everything is just, generic, at this point.

I could totally see a life-style RPG genre fitting for a Pony game. Like Mabinogi.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@SeraphimDawn

I want an actual Space Marine FPS…well, we had one recently…but it involved the damn Ultra Smurfs, damn codex humping blue bastards, still marginally better than the Blood Ravens…marginally. Anyway, but I digress.

I wouldn’t say generic, after all even those in the same genre are unique. Not all the 3rd person fantasy RPG’s are made equally. WoW has it’s strict class and hit-key system, Rift has deep class mixing and customization, Neverwinter ditched the Tank/Healer/Dps thing for classes more based around controlling the battle, Guild Wars and Aeon went for more real time combat that factored in terrain and height. And each of them has their own world, with their own stuff in it.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@SeraphimDawn

When I started playing games, the most technologically advanced one we had was Super Mario. I’ve seen pretty much every major advance other than the early Atari stuff.

Things are way different now. DLC, patches, DRM…I remember when you popped a cart into your little plastic box and that was it.

But, we’ve got a lot of awesome stuff now a days that would have been impossible back in the day. So, not all the changes are bad.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
@Zincy  
I used to game a lot. The thing is, I pretty much stopped gaming back as a kid when I couldn’t afford anything beyond the SNES, and my family wouldn’t buy anything for me back then. I never latched on to the N64 era and beyond, and eventually gaming itself was pretty much extinct to me. Yes, I did brief revival of interest in gaming, but quickly lost interest. I mostly spectate now. I know, I wish I could game again. But I’m just far too removed. And seeing the general direction the game industry is now taking, is less than motivating.

However, even I admit that the technology for the gaming available today, was just science fiction back during the 90s.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@SeraphimDawn

Try Steam. Whenever my faith in the industry falters I look at some of the amazing indie games that are coming down the pipe. And the big hitters that came in the past few years. Games like Bastion, FTL, Fez (even though the creator is a whiny bitch), Dust (which was made by a single dude, art, story, programing and everything sept the music), Terraria, Torchlight 1-2, Don’t Stave. And there’s literally 1000’s of others. Shit, you got bloomin Minecraft with mods so ridiculously creative they recreate the entire game. I’ve got the FTB mod pack right now, has a mod that’s pretty much Myst in Minecraft.

I hate to sound all “PC master Race”, but honestly if you’re burned out on the industry, Steam is the way to go.

Anyway, I’m heading to bed. Need to sleep.
Number1pegasus
Thread Starter -  Waifu Thread

The Element of laughter
You know this reminds me of my stance on latest games.

I just cant seem to get into them, everything just feels the same with an exception of some but still.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide