Metal Thread anyone?

Background Pony #998D
There’s a band I like that many people haven’t heard of called Solefald.

Their style changes alot through their different albums though.
DaisyHead
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

1. Acidbath. (Hands down my absolute favorite band.)  
  2. Deftones. I really like that they can switch from calm and soothing then switch to aggressive without skipping a beat.  
  3. Pantera. it might seem over-rated to say them but once i start listening to them, i want to destroy everything around me.  
  4. soilwork. got a chance to see them a local bar. they fucking killed it.  
  5. Volbeat. they can cover a lot of genres and not change their style.
Background Pony #998D
It was pretty much just an experiment to try something new. My friend was the drummer and he just thought he’d help out. He mostly plays jazz music actually.
Vlakc

Like this?  
full

In all seriousness: First off, I don’t consider myself a metalhead because I like a hell of a lot of other music genres (metal is just one of them), second, Though I don’t have any preferred metal bands, I do have preferred genres, among them:

-Industrial Metal  
-Folk metal  
-Celtic metal  
-medieval metal  
-Neue Deustsche Harte  
-Power metal

And third, I despise any kind of metal that is not in a Germanic language, and among them I tend to prefer all other Germanic languages ahead of English >_>

I heavily recommend this site for anyone who likes metal in general, if you haven’t visited it already

Keep rocking motherfuckers \m/ XD
DaisyHead
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Spirit of Metal is another good site to find bands. they have some of the most obscure bands i’ve ever heard of. because of this site, i found out there was a death metal band from north korea called red war.
.44caliberloveletter
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - What Are You Listening To

Alexis the Queer Witch
@Vlakc  
I think that’s a little bit of a jump to say that labeling yourself as a Metalhead means that you only like metal, like being a Brony, it’s just a term, it doesn’t mean that it’s the only thing that you like. I consider myself a metalhead, though I do venture out into different styles of electronic music.

But yeah as for my favorite genres of metal, I’d probably list it out like this:  
Melodic Death Metal  
Post-Metal  
Grindcore  
Industrial Metal  
Drone Metal  
and Progressive Metal
cb5
Thread Starter - The time wasting thread

I like heavy metal like neodynium cause I have such a magnetic attraction to it, but if you have a weak force for that there’s always uranium. Lithium on the other hand is if you’re into light metals.  
rimshot.sfx
archestereo

I personally prefer power metal, melodic metal and symphonic metal. As soon as you get into black metal, death metal or screamo it just gets on my nerves.

These guys do some melodic metal, but they’ve got one song that plows through several genres without skipping a beat.
.44caliberloveletter
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - What Are You Listening To

Alexis the Queer Witch
@archestereo

@Vlakc

I can get why you guys don’t like growling and screaming, though the reason why they are in songs is to add more emotion to the song. It takes a while to get used to them, but once you do then if you listen a certain bands screaming/growling vocals enough then you are actually able to hear what they are saying.  
As for me I don’t think that lyrics are the most important thing in a song, I like a band with good vocal techniques and instrumentation, so which is why I can withstand screaming/growling.
Vlakc

@MoogSourceVermona

You’re right, sometimes the lyrics are not the most important part of a song, but I’ll also admit that I’ve tried to listen to those genres you describe (friends who like those genres too, and they try to get me to hear them as well), and though there has been one or other(very rare) song of those kinds of metal that I’ve kinda liked, I still don’t like them even half as much as the other genres I mentioned.

I’ve tried, what can I say? ¯(°_o)/¯  
Then again, metal is a big world and everyone has his/her favorite XD
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide