Music thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
My taste in music has evolved so much over a 10 year span that I’m almost a different person musically now than I was in my early 20s.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
We’re words upon a window  
Written there in steam  
In the heat of the moment  
At the birth of a dream  
Vapors passing really  
So I’m touched by the thoughts  
In the fleeting minutes after  
The time that we’ve come  
Come and go, you know, where the wind blows  
An’ though I couldn’t define  
I can only tell you that I  
Got a heavy soul
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Ten years ago this week, this song reached number one

God does this song give me such a nostalgia attack, it reminds me of the days when times were simpler and mainstream pop music was all happy and upbeat and wasn’t meant to be treated too serious, just turn off your brain and vibe to it. Can’t believe it’s been ten years, I still remember when this song was everywhere back then, I don’t think it has aged quite a bit.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Don’t  
Surprisingly, no. “Enter Sandman” made it to #16, while “Nothing Else Matters” only got to #34.

@Count Adramélekh Sear  
Yup. And both of them from albums that were the respective bands’ biggest commercial successes (The Black Album/Empire), but not as critically well-received as their earlier work from the ‘80s (Master of Puppets/Operation: Mindcrime).

@Mellow Rhythm  
Indeed lol

Actually, a huge part of me is convinced that every problem Queensrÿche has ever suffered from in recent years can be blamed on their 1990-1992 tour. (I’ll elaborate if anyone wants to know why.)
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Mellow Rhythm  
Well, part of me wanted to say Geoff Tate being a prima donna in the 2000s is what led to their breakup, but it started before that. And we could even trace it back to original guitarist Chris DeGarmo leaving in the late ‘90s, since next to Tate he was the biggest creative voice in the band and his departure led Tate to take over more, but I think it goes back even further.

Because in 1990-1992, the band went on their Building Empires Tour, and on said tour, they performed the entirety of Operation: Mindcrime every night.

That sounds cool on paper, but allegedly that tour was super exhausting. And why wouldn’t it be? They’re performing a full rock opera, fifteen songs, of prog metal every night, plus nine more from their other albums. Pink Floyd did something similar in their In the Flesh Tour in 1977, and that similarly exhausted the band. (You can tell Queensrÿche was exhausted, too; if you listen to Geoff Tate’s voice on the Operation: LIVEcrime album, it sounds much more exhausted–this is when he first started struggling to hit the notes, a problem that would increasingly plague his vocals throughout their career.)

By the time Queensrÿche finished the tour, they were all super tired. Plus I remember reading that many of them were going through breakups around that time as well, so that couldn’t have helped when they got back into the studio. And creating an album like that during the grunge era… that went about as well as you could imagine. There was fighting among the members that eventually led to Chris DeGarmo leaving, Geoff took over, guitarists cycled out, Geoff was fired, Geoff made his own version of the band, there was a huge lawsuit, now Scott is fighting with the other members, yadda yadda, you know the whole deal.

But yeah, I’m convinced that if they’d simply done something different on that tour, like alternating between greatest hits setlists and Mindcrime every other night, or taken more breaks between the shows, we might have seen the classic lineup last a lot longer.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@TheHappySpaceman  
Holy mory, what a story (Mark)!

Yeah, it’s not unusual for lineup changes to happen both as a result of, and be a factor in, power struggles.  
And I have heard a lot about tours promoting rock operas and concept albums exhausting and bringing out bad behaviour in musicians. We’ve all heard about Roger Waters spitting on that Floyd fan at that one gig or instance
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I hear you’re feeling down  
Well I can ease your pain  
Get you on your feet again  
Relax  
I’ll need some information first  
Just the basic facts  
Can you show me where it hurts?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Seeing Maneskin get popular around the world with only three songs and starting to get a foothold here in the States makes me feel happy to be living in this timeline, they deserve it for making kickass rock music. Now if only Zitti E Buoni would get big here but that’s unlikely since it’s all in Italian, but seeing Beggin and I Want To Be Your Slave on the charts more than makes up for it.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Mellow Rhythm  
@DerpyFast  
Yup. That was on the 1977 In the Flesh Tour that I mentioned, where they played the entirety of Animals followed by the entirety of Wish You Were Here and two Dark Side of the Moon tracks every night. That was a troubling tour for Floyd, and it led Waters to spit on that fan, which led him to write The Wall–and the tour for that album was even more troubling and didn’t even make back its budget.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide