Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Myoozik
I was aware of that. I had been thinking of filming a review of The Long Run, and that’s one of the infamous moments I was going to talk about. However, I can’t do a review of that album because of how stingy the band is with copyright.
@angryprogrockbrony
I personally disagree, I think their first five albums are very good but News of the World, The Game, and especially Innuendo are also worthy albums, but we’re both entitled to our opinions.
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah, they were pretty notorious. Although they aren’t the only band that clashed like that. For example, did you know that the Ramones had quite an amount of infighting and jabs at each other through their songs? Most notoriously, Johnny Ramone, who was a republican, made several antisemitic jokes about Joey Ramone and later started dating Joey’s ex-girlfriend, which prompted Joey to write the song “The KKK Took My Baby Away” about Johnny. XD
Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@TheHappySpaceman
I respect your opinion, but I disagree that NOTW and The Game are good. That was when Queen was changing their sound to a more commercial pop sound, and none of the songs on either of those albums (save for It’s Late) are comparable to a lot of the songs from their earlier albums (in my opinion). I don’t know what they were thinking when they wrote shit like Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Another One Bites the Dust, and Don’t Try Suicide. I think they sort of lost their way after ADATR and those later 70s albums all disappoint me. There are a few decent songs on both those albums, such as Sheer Heart Attack, It’s Late, Dragon Attack, and Sail Away Sweet Sister, but there’s also a lot of shit on those two albums (and Jazz) and neither of those albums are that good in my opinion. I haven’t fully listened to Innuendo.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Meanwhile, “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” is like the one Queen song I actually like. Probably because it sounds so unlike Queen.
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@pixel
Yeah I never liked that song. It sounded like Freddie Mercury tried to mimic Elvis Presley (who isn’t even a good singer) and failed at it. To be honest, most of Queen’s big hits are terrible. Queen is overrated (but not bad at all, and I honestly find Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, and AC/DC to be far more overrated than Queen). Freddie Mercury isn’t a bad singer, but some of his songs, particularly the later ones, are pretty cringeworthy, and I don’t think he’s the greatest vocalist of all time.
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@DerpyFast
I meant to say Queen was overrated but not bad. I don’t like most of their hits but not all of their songs are terrible.
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah I like Stone Cold Crazy, also Ogre Battle and Modern Times Rock ‘n’ Roll, but my favorites are some of the longer, more complex songs like Liar, The March of the Black Queen (though the lyrics are shit), and The Prophet’s Song.
Dashie41 YT

Negan Guy
April was great for music well some Kid Rock the worst album of the month best between Undeath Crisix and Sentient Horror overhyped Meshuggah and Pusha T
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah Liar is a good song. I like how it, unlike Bohemian Rhapsody, shows the talent of all four members and not just Freddie Mercury, but it does sort of drag on for a while and Freddie shouting “Liar” over and over again does get old after a few listens. Yeah early Queen is good but not nearly as good as King Crimson, VDGG (you know I do remember you’re the one who got the reference to that VDGG album cover parody I did long ago, unsurprisingly no one else did), Gentle Giant, Deep Purple, and others.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm
Yes, that did actually happen. The reason for that was because by that point, all of the bandmembers were burnt out from all the touring they did after the success of Hotel California and the fact that Glenn Frey and Don Henley were pretty much hogging the spotlight from the rest of the members and were treated like crap for it. I honestly wish someone videotaped that fight because I would love to see Felder and Frey duke it out against one another. XD
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm
Considering that after that they had to do a live album (which wasn’t that live really) which was a big success and had their last Top 40 hit until the next decade, I’d say it was a good note to end out on.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

seventh layer of hair
Now I’m addicted to Gotye. 😛
I look like a loser in discovering music just because I get hooked up to new music over some memes.
~
Discovering music thru memes lore:
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah I saw the On Reflection BBC performance. It’s pretty good. The Runaway is my favorite Gentle Giant song and the song that got me into them (though I had already heard some other songs by them). We were talking about Queen, and honestly, I can think of several times I thought Gentle Giant did things much better than Queen ever could (probably shouldn’t compare them since they’re completely different bands).
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
I find it funny that The Alan Parsons Project is a band that’s been active since the mid 70’s yet people only know them for two songs in the 80’s, Eye In The Sky and Don’t Answer Me, the latter having one of the most iconic music videos of the decade. The other bands I can think of that also suffered that same fate were Yes, Slade and J. Geils Band
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm
The reason I didn’t mention that one is because it’s one of the forgotten ones by the mainstream. They’ve been having Top 40 hits since 1976 yet like I said, nobody nowadays remember them except for music enthusiasts. Eye In The Sky and Don’t Answer Me are the two that managed to survive in the popular conscience, which is a shame because they’re a good band and their other stuff is worthwhile.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Mellow Rhythm
It’s also a fate that happened to Yes, Slade and J. Geils Band, all veterans of the 70’s who wouldn’t get their dues until the next decade. Like if you asked someone today to name a Slade song, chances are they’ll say My Oh My instead of Cum On Feel The Noize.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide