Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
It’s a shame that if it wasn’t for the “allegations” that he physically abused his second wife Daryl Hannah, Jackson Browne would be a more famous and respected artist today, like a lite Bruce Springsteen
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Myoozik
I didn’t know about the allegations. I thought he just wasn’t as popular because life isn’t fair. Although I still hear songs of his on the radio, like “Running on Empty” and “Somebody’s Baby.”
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman
Yeah, his second wife Daryl Hannah accused him of abusing her in the late 80’s and it did a number to his career even though we don’t know if these allegations are true or not. Maybe he did or maybe she faked it but regardless, his time as a musician was up. It’s a shame cause I could’ve seen him surviving into the 90’s since Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, Eddie Money and Bruce Springsteen all had hits in that decade so I could’ve seen Jackson Browne joining them and lasting for another couple of years.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Are there any songs that you have a… complicated relationship with?
One example for me is “Money for Nothing” by Dire Straits. The guitar playing in the song is great and the synth and drums buildup in the intro is god-tier, plus I do love the song’s overall message, making fun of the idiots who think that music isn’t real work or a “real job” and think that being a musician is all fun and no struggle. But the bigoted lyrics from the narrator, dropping the F-slur in the second verse and racist lines in the third, make it a complicated one to listen to. (The bigotry is all intentional, of course, since again, the song is making fun of those types of schmucks who think that way, but it’s not one I’d play around other people, you know?)
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@TheHappySpaceman
“Dazed and Confused” by Led Zeppelin.
I found evidence on the family computer that my mom was having an affair. So I biked down to where my dad worked to talk to him about it. My iPod was on shuffle, and I was partway through “Dazed and Confused” when I got there. I still have a hard time listening to it.
But as I was laying on the grass, wondering what the future had in store, “Hey Jude” came on, as if to say that everything was going to be okay.
Dex Stewart
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@TheHappySpaceman
Life’s a Highway. When I worked at a grocery store for three years I would hear that song nearly every day. Sometimes up to three or four times a day.
It’s ruined now. I used to like it. It was never a favorite or anything, but it was okay, and I liked Cars just fine. Now I can’t stand to listen to it. I can’t watch Cars.
Also Shinedown’s cover of Simple Man makes me want to commit violence. I was so sick of having to hear that terrible cover every day.
Whoever is responsible for that goddamn playlist,
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Now that Running Up That Hill is back in the Top 10 on Billboard thanks to Stranger Things reviving it, I predict that Todd’s next One Hit Wonderland is “Do You Love Me” by The Contours cause that song was released in 1962 but it got revived in 1988 thanks to it being on Dirty Dancing
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Myoozik
That would be an interesting one to talk about. I wonder if there are any other one-hit wonders that are like that, old but revived thanks to being featured in a popular piece of media.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman
I don’t know if complicated is the right word, but I do have some feelings towards Every Breath You Take by The Police.
It’s a song that’s widely considered not just an 80’s classic, but one of the greatest hit songs of all time that’s still beloved to this day, and I just don’t get it. I think it’s one of the worst number one hits ever and the worst out of The Police’s entire discography, I really don’t understand the song’s appeal. It’s too lowkey to be fun and catchy, it’s too uptempo to be romantic, the lyrics are creepy as all where unlike other similar songs like Right Here Waiting, it doesn’t sound like it’s trying to be romantic and Sting just sounds bored out of his mind singing it. The lyrics to Don’t Stand So Close To Me are also questionable, but at least they’re straightforward with its message. It’s also telling that even Sting himself doesn’t like the song that much nowadays. It’s a damn shame that this is their only number one hit and their most well known when they have much better hits beforehand and from that same album like King Of Pain. I’d go as far and say that Puff Daddy’s sampling of it in I’ll Be Missing You is better.
Don’t know if this answers that question but I just thought I’d share it
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
It’s a song that’s widely considered not just an 80’s classic, but one of the greatest hit songs of all time that’s still beloved to this day, and I just don’t get it. I think it’s one of the worst number one hits ever and the worst out of The Police’s entire discography, I really don’t understand the song’s appeal.
I know you weren’t responding to me but I’d like to say aren’t most hits terrible? This is pretty much how I feel about a lot of hit songs. I’ve seen lots of music videos from songs that were big in the 80s, some of which are still remembered today and others which are pretty much forgotten, and just about all of them are shit. I don’t understand today’s music (I stopped understanding it when I was a young teenager), but the music from the 70s and 80s, particularly the popular music, was not much better. Every Breath you Take isn’t a great song but it’s not one of the best songs of all time.
Usually when I listen to an artist after hearing their biggest hits, I tend to forget about those hits since they usually aren’t the best songs. Take Kansas for example. Carry on Wayward Son is a decent but overrated song, but if I told all of you my top 10 Kansas songs, it wouldn’t be on the list. I remember listening to Rosanna and Africa by Toto for the first time and thought those songs were okay, but almost every song off Toto’s debut album is better than those two.
@TheHappySpaceman
Bohemian Rhapsody, for all the same reasons except it’s actually a good song, but it’s not the greatest song ever and I always found it overrated and some parts of the song are cringe, but a lot of Queen songs have terrible lyrics.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
I don’t think so - although i find some occasions where a album cut was better than the hits from the same album, that doesn’t mean the hits are exactly wack.
But it’s all a matter of taste. Some might prefer the hits better.
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Yeah I’ve been a deep cuts kind of person for many years. Not all hits are terrible (though like I said a lot of them, particularly pop hits, are bad) but they usually aren’t my favorites. I like to listen to entire albums (studio albums, not live albums or compilation albums) and a lot of times my favorite song on an album will usually be a deep cut (though there are a few exceptions).
I tried listening to new, popular music in the past but could never get into it, probably because I’ve heard too much good music. How popular an artist is or how they look does not matter to me. Only their music does.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Myoozik
I think Sting has even said it wasn’t supposed to be romantic and was in fact intended to be creepy, but with the major chord progression you wouldn’t know it.
@angryprogrockbrony
From your recent messages, it seems as though you find a lot of things people like overrated.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide