Music thread

Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
I heard the news this evening about the founder of the band Nazareth and former front man Dan McCafferty died this afternoon such a shame losing another great rock legend who sang Love Hurts from Hair of the Dog
Posted Report
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I’d like to pluck my eyes out with a bobby pin
And then go have sex with the Bobbi Twins.
My needling faith is unclear, it’s like some tossed die.
Gonna end up cross eyed more than Jesus is cross tied.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Todd, post your next One Hit Wonderland please! I want a new one hit wonder to obsess over and check out their other failed singles
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I totally forgot that Slash released a new album this year. And now having listened to it, I can understand why I forgot. Man, that was underwhelming.
What a strange year it is when Skid Row released a better album than Slash and company. That hasn’t happened since… well, since Slash was still in Guns N’ Roses. Specifically 1991.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Doing these one hit wonder listens, I wanted to do it to see if I can find some gems from artists who had one shot and then disappeared and all failed to become hits and while I am finding some good and underrated stuff, it just made me realize that there is so much mediocrity. So much generic and forgettable music which doesn’t make me surprised why they didn’t get big.
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah most artists, not just one hit wonders, are mediocre. Usually when an artist doesn’t make it big it’s understandable since their music wasn’t good enough, though every now and then I’ll find an artist where that doesn’t apply and it wasn’t because they weren’t good enough but because they played at the wrong time (like when the genre declines in popularity) or didn’t get a good record label.
I have came across bands that weren’t successful at all yet I prefer them over bands like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Queen. It’s very rare but it has happened. I don’t care about success since it doesn’t make a band good (it just means people heard it and liked shit) but most of the good bands I listen to have had at least some success even if it’s just one top 50 album.
Come to think about it, there are several progressive rock bands from the 70s which kinda suck. Journey and Starcastle come to mind. Emerson, Lake & Palmer is okay at best.
Posted Report
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@Mr.Myoozik
That’s what you get when millions of bands and artists out there exist. It’s like diving for sunken treasure in the ocean, if you know what I mean.
@angryprogrockbrony
I disagree about ELP, but as for early Journey, that never interested me. And there is at least one Starcastle song I like: Lady Of The Lake. For me, the melody is enough to hold me through the 10 minutes of that song
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide