Music thread

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mellow Rhythm
Yeah I really shouldn’t judge Starcastle since Lady of the Lake is the only song I’ve listened to, but they do sound like a Yes clone (and not a good one). Journey was never really good to begin with (though I still prefer their first album over their later albums). Honestly some of their songs sound like they were a bunch of musicians who, after years of playing with Santana, are still learning how to play music and are trying to respond to European prog bands. Kansas was much better than Journey ever was. I used to like ELP a lot more though a lot of their songs aren’t well written and the ones that are just long Keith Emerson piano solos aren’t my cup of tea.
Posted Report
Andyxdr
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
Have any of you guys listened to songs that seem to have been made specifically for the Gran Turismo games? Some of those songs are 100,000 RPM by Nittoku Inoue, SURV1V3 by Daiki Kasho, Invincible by the same guy who composed the first song I mentioned, and Shadows of Our Past by the same guy who composed the second song I mentioned. Those are pretty good bangers.
Posted Report
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
Man the billboard charts suck all boring garbage drake from his awful album I’m glad to avoid it and went to listen to He Is Legend
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Dashie41 YT
Yeah popular music isn’t very good or I just never understood it. I don’t even keep up with the charts or listen to today’s popular music. I’m not like most other people who just listens to what sounds mainstream and what’s on TikTok (or in the 80s, MTV) just because it’s popular and everyone else listens to it or because the artist looked hot. There are huge differences between teenage pop fangirls and fans of heavy metal and progressive rock.
@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah once MTV became a thing, or even before that, a lot of artists started caring more about being relevant and commercial success than releasing good music. At least in the 60s and 70s most videos were just performance videos that showed the band performing, but then the idea that looks and image matter more than the music happened. I’ve seen a lot of old music videos on MTV and at least 80% of them are cringe.
Posted Report
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Ahhh… Heh.
I’ve heard enouf zoomers saying why does 80s have this like (x) thing on their musical style. No offense but I’d like to wait for these kids several more years until they fully acknowledge the beauty of old skool music. Trust me, it’s wonderous and beautiful.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Why do so many 80s songs have some sort of a guitar solo?
Guitar solos were popular long before the 80s.
Ahhh… Heh.
I’ve heard enouf zoomers saying why does 80s have this like (x) thing on their musical style. No offense but I’d like to wait for these kids several more years until they fully acknowledge the beauty of old skool music. Trust me, it’s wonderous and beautiful.
And even then they’d only acknowledge a few of the biggest bands and they’d only know a few songs by those bands. Then some kid will look deep into their history, find even the slightest thing that offends them, and then post a long rant on TikTok about why said artist should be cancelled.
Posted Report
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@angryprogrockbrony
Oof. Them snitch pos particularly that bitchass with the cringy Sonic The Hedgehog OC name.
I’d like to consider myself a zoomer but i’m a tweener between the Y and Z, I still appreciate all these cats no matter what or how bad their history was because of how good and influential their stuff was.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
One thing I notice when I visit other forums and subreddits about modern pop artists and the biggest old artists and bands is that a lot of what’s posted there is just pictures of the artists or band members and comments like “omg he/she’s so hot and sexy” and it usually takes up a lot of the first page to where sometimes I have to actually search to find any real discussion about the music. I mean, didn’t you come here to talk about the music or just to look at your idol? I guess that’s how most pop fanbases are? Have they even heard all of their music or just their hits?
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
Like I said, it was the go-to instrument at the time, especially when pop producers found out that they can synthesize guitar riffs and solos and add reverb to them. Other songs also had MIDI’s, pure synthesizers, 808 beats and drum machines because of advancements in technology and the beginnings of homemade music production programs like Pro Tools.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide