Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Okay, question: When/why did the sound mixing at music festivals and TV shows become so shit?

I’ve tried to watch some live pro-shots of a lot of bands and artists recently, and everything is horribly mixed. The guitars are usually turned down, the vocals sound super tinny, and the drums are simultaneously too loud and have no punch.

You watch the SNL performance of Skid Row doing “Monkey Business” in 1991, it’s amazing. Then you watch a recent SNL performance, like Greta Van Fleet, and it’s mixed like ass.

Even into the early 2010s, it was good. Muse’s sets at Glastonbury and Reading in 2010 and 2011 were mixed great. Then you listen to their set at Glastonbury 2016, and what the hell was happening?
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Dashie41 YT  
@Don’t  
…Really now? I ask this question here about sound mixing, and all you take from it is, “Greta Van Fleet bad”? Come on.

@Myoozik  
The mid-2010s, when all concert promoters and TV show producers collectively decided, “Y’know what, why not replace our sound engineer with a bunch of chimpanzees? That’ll cut costs!”
pixel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

It’s weird how I know of two John Bonham diss tracks that both came out in 1988. Okay, one is against Led Zeppelin in general one but “Bonzo’s buried, only three more left” is the line that always stuck out to me the most.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Dashie41 YT  
It’s just one person and they’re using a VPN to circumvent the IP bans to continue doing that shit. Dude really needs to get a life and stop bugging us with that.
Dashie41 YT

Negan Guy
@Searly Sear  
2 Guns N Roses  
10 Pantera  
8 Smashing Pumpkins  
9 Alice In Chains  
7 Radiohead  
1 I think it’s Blue Oyster Cult  
6 Led Zeppelin  
4 Queen  
Rest i don’t know
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide