Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Why are there still Christmas songs in the Top 10? The holiday is over, go back to the pits of the North Pole from whence you came!
Barry Tone
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Anyone else here know about Flipron? …
… Probably not. They’re a bit of a strange lot, somewhere in the realm of dark-sounding quasi-psychedelic, electric piano and lyric-driven music that often talks about regrets, death, growing older, and apocalyptic themes; all sung by a guy who looks like a more modern-day Hobbit on guitar, or other instruments. They’re been around since 1997 or so, but never really got much attention.
Then again, their music videos do seem to be a bit silly. I’m not sure why they’ve never really gotten around, besides maybe lack of promotion. I have all 4 of their albums, and most if not all of the singles. Their 1st, 3rd and 4th albums (Fancy Blues & Rustique Novelties, Gravity Calling, Firework Shoes) are good spots to start. The 2nd one (Biscuits for Cerberus,) not so much, IMHO.
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
Flipron’s primary songwriter Jesse Budd (guitar, vocals) also seems a bit lyrically verbose (but not wearily.) His vocals tend to feel fitting to the subject matter, too. Sometimes the song structure’s different from the typical Verse - Chorus - Verse stuff, also.
“Once again, the columns fall; the mighty arches and marble halls.
In piles of rubble, and limbs, and heads,
the empty eyes of the dusty dead;
their lives abolished without their names.
Their songs and stories up in flames.
The vast repository of all we’ve loved is lost, and falls;
away, hey, hey. Irretrievable from the fathomlessness of yesterday.
And as far as the eyes can see, there is ruin without reason;
there is ruin without end.
And I think we must be…
Back where we started again!
Land of promise, land foretold; where it was written that we would grow old in drafty bungalows by the sea…
Now it’s over,
and you’re strange, oh my lover; oh my friend,
when you say that this is the beginning, but it feels just like the end!
Oh we’re back where we started again,
oh we’re back where we started again,
Oh we’re back where we started again and again and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.”
  • “Back Where We Started Again,” Track 1 on Firework Shoes.
That’s the order the song goes in; I didn’t omit lyrics in any order. The “chorus,” if you can call it that, is the outro.
Also, I’m not sure if I should mention this since he probably works on a lot of albums, but Rat Scabies of The Damned produced their 3rd and 4th albums.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

seventh layer of hair
So M. Shadows said that the tunes and genre of the new Avenged Sevenfold album will be highly inspired from Kanye West.
Welp… so much from anticipating heavier stuff from them. They’d better not screw this shit up like sounding too fucking poppy and lame just like what Linkin Park did.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Khauntzat Adramélekhizarovich Searmaev
Now hold on, this could be good. Actually listen to what he says in the interview.
“The thing about Kanye is that he is pulling from such great soul music. I didn’t grow up with that stuff - my dad listened to Boston and Alice Cooper, I didn’t get that taste of black music and old soul. So, diving deep into jazz musicians… we’re not trying to do a jazz record, but the chord changes and progressions are so eye-opening to us.”
He is specifically citing Kanye’s choice of sampling and using jazz and soul music, not about his lyrical subject matter or about his more recent… less coherent work. Say what you want about Kanye, but he has had some good music in the past, and some good, if oddball, ideas.
Best case scenario, it could be more akin to Pinkly Smooth, Rev’s wackball Zappa-esque jazz metal side project with Syn. And I’d totally be down for a new A7X album like that. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
I’ve been diving deep into the world of hyperpop and I’m conflicted on whether to keep diving deeper or swim back up to shore
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide