Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I really love finding out the other hits that hit the Top 40 from years ago that didn’t make the Billboard Year End, I find some pretty good stuff that got forgotten by time.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Here’s a thought that crossed my mind recently.
For years after the ‘70s, disco was super hated, but then in the 2010s the general consensus seemed to turn around on it, and now it’s well-loved again.
So my question is, when, if ever, will glam metal ever get a similar reevaluation as disco?
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I know I keep repeating it over and over again, but a-ha is probably Norway’s best export ever. We really slept on this band cause they made some of the best synthpop of the entire 80’s and I’m mad that they never achieved any success in the US other than the overrated Take On Me. There are a lot of songs I can recommend from them but my favorites would be The Sun Always Shine On TV, Hunting High And Low, Manhattan Skyline, Cry Wolf, The Living Daylights (my favorite song from them), their cover of The Everly Brothers’ Crying In The Rain, Summer Moved On, Minor Earth Major Sky, Forever Not Yours and Analogue (All I Want). Just wow, I have never fallen in love with a band more than this one.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
@Myoozik
That “Hunting High And Low” album was a guilty pleasure of mine for a lot of years, although I haven’t listened to it in a very long time. That whole New Romantic genre was pretty good but you have to be in a certain mood to desire it.
So my question is, when, if ever, will glam metal ever get a similar reevaluation as disco?
The one remaining Active Rock station here in Detroit actually still plays a lot of that stuff and frankly I wish they would stop and focus more on New Rock. The one group I really like from that genre is Dokken and I never hear them on the radio.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Pinto Bean
I think that can be applied to any other subgenre as well where you have to be in a certain mood to listen and understand them, but synthpop is definitely a genre to be appreciated in a casual and mainstream way than say anarcho-punk from that same time period. Regarding a-ha, their next three albums are also great and even their album from 2000 is spectacular, they aged into the new millennia really well.
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
@Myoozik
I remember we were talking about some of their other music in VC a few weeks ago. I decided to check out their other songs, and needless to say i was very impressed. Didn’t know what i was missing out on. Thank you!
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
@Myoozik
I used to listen to A-Ha and similar stuff (Duran Duran, ABC, Roxy Music) back when I was in my early-20’s and much more excited about my future than I am today. It’s not that I dislike it or don’t appreciate it. It’s just that I can’t really relate to it anymore.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Not really serious: I HATE A-Ha! Especially this pretty boy Morten Harket! The man looks with early 60 still, as Roman / Greek sculptors would imagine Adonis. I only need to see him and I’m consumed with envy. ;-)
And if you want to sing along with Take On me as a man during the chorus (which you want to do from the first 10 seconds of the song on for reasons I can’t explain at all), you first have to hit yourself with a medium-weight object where it hurts especially. Nah… I don’t do this any longer! ;-D
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
I know not too many people listen to the radio much these days but do any of y’all tune in to Hard Drive with Lou Brutus? I’ll be listening tonight at work, like I usually do on Sunday Nights. Also, Emo Nite on Audacy tonight. Good stuff!
@Myoozik
Where I live, Rap is weaponized. I listen to it, but not by choice.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I still enjoy listening to the radio to this day. Even Internet radio, because I don’t receive all European stations here. And I’m just really into French songs. Also French rap, which I adore because of its connection to European colonialism. Coming to terms with the past. But I’m also into everything else international. Italian, Spanish, Greek, Polish, Turkish, Croatian, Romanian… I only have my problems with Russian and Serbian at the moment.
I know, nowadays other things are more popular. But I have the grace to be old enough to be able to wander between the worlds. Musically, I mean. ;-)
Is that so? Well, I would have enough friends around the world who, like me, are classic and jazz fans who might disagree here. But probably that’s because our kind don’t play themselves into the foreground with tits&ass videos ;-)
But honestly, I would have thought that pop music would be rather the most popular genre worldwide. Just because of the simplicism behind it. Well, I’m always ready to learn something new. You are the music expert from both of us. ;-D
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Avulsed were founded after Dave Rotten moved to Madrid in August 1991 after finishing his (compulsory) military service and decided he wanted to form a band, though it wasn’t until February of the following year that they decided on the name ‘Avulsed’ releasing the first demo, Embalmed in Blood, in late October the same year.
Avulsed’s logo was designed by Luxi Lahtinen.
On April 13th, 2008, Ricky (Ricardo Mena) suffered what seemed to be a mild stroke and had to be hospitalized, so the band had to cancel their headlining performance at the Delirium Festival near Paris, France, and at Underground Metal Festival in Lyon, France, as well.
Galestorm
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@Dashie41 YT
I don’t think many people liked their 1st album but their 2nd was definitely an improvement & slightly better.
To End the Rapture, The Art of Subcontious Illusion & Lips of Deceit are my personal faves from their 1st & are pretty underrated.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

seventh layer of hair
As much as I love Ghost, I will never understand everybody’s hatred on this band just because they all dressed up as a brutal satanic metal band but their sound is an 80s pop disco music.
Ghost is basically like a whole new genre.
Who woulda thought their music would easily fit into all the chase scenes in Scooby Doo. LMAO!!! This one is a brilliant fucking example
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

seventh layer of hair
@Dashie41 YT
Their first 2 albums are basically their Metalcore days and I will never unlove their stuff back then. (The Rev’s growls in the Sounding The Seventh Trumpet were at it’s prime and he sounds so beastly)
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
@Khauntzat Adramélekhizarovich Searmaev
It’s all that organ dude. Like straight out of the Scooby-Doo playbook.
Don’t pay any mind to all the shitposting. Ghost is solid. Love that nobody knows who the ghouls are. Heard a theory once that they are actually the guys from Opeth. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if that turned out to be true.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

When listening to Prince & The Revolution’s Let’s Go Crazy, does anyone else feel the urge to insert a “Ducktales! Woohoo!” after the lyrics of the chorus?
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Glad to see Nirvana getting recognition again thanks to one of their deep cuts being used in the trailer for The Batman and getting popular on Tik Tok because obviously. Now can it happen again but this time to a better band like Pearl Jam? Thanks
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide