Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Todd’s next episode of Trainwreckords is on Generation Swine by Mötley Crüe.
IMO, Mötley Crüe’s self-titled release from 1994 qualifies more for the series due to their new lead singer and their attempt to go alternative pleasing neither the grunge crowd nor their original fandom, but the thing is, that album is actually good if you don’t consider it a Mötley Crüe album. Had it been given a different name (like if the band pulled a Velvet Revolver or an Audioslave and changed their name with the new lead singer and change in direction), I suspect it would’ve been much better received.
Generation Swine, though… yeah, there’s much less redeemable about that album. (Which I suspect is why Todd chose to review it instead.)
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
I’m currently listening to the whole “Lionheart” album by Saxon, released back in 2004.
Saxon in general are already an absolutely brilliant heavy metal group with a storied legacy, but this album is definitely an understated gem in and of itself in their discography. Recommended for fans of NWOBHM and classic heavy metal. They’re also very much up there alongside Iron Maiden, even though they are sadly not quite as mega-famous
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@TheHappySpaceman
By the way, the song from that album that stands out the most for me in terms of sheer cringeworthy terribleness would be “Brandon”. You can hardly get more schmaltzy and flowers-up-the-arse than that one…
“YOUR MOTHER GAVE BIRTH TO YOU WITH LOVE… BRANDON, I LOVE HER, SHE LOVES YOU, SHE’S YOUR MAAAAM”
It gives me chills up my spine, and certainly not in the good way.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I kinda have to agree with Todd when talking about the music video for “Afraid”, I’m glad that those kinds of videos aren’t popular in rock anymore cause geez was that bad. It was fine when artists like Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson and Tool did it since they were in that genre, but seeing Motley do that style of music video really felt like they were trying to keep up with the times and embarrassing themselves. Also was it just me, or did Vince Neil look like Bono from U2? That hair though, sheesh.
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Non-Fungible Trixie -

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
I’m enjoying that new Trainwreckords episode on Generation Swine and soaking it all in, but that one scene with Pamela and her giant hat, that made me laugh hard!
Also, at one point Todd claims that you “don’t hear shit” about Def Leppard… um, gonna have to stop you there, bud. What about their highly publicised stadium tour with, coincidentally, Motley Crue? Their new album that was released this year? The fact that they have their own official game app released on iPhone/Android, and even their own vodka?
Nice research on the album, but I guess fact checking can’t always be perfect even for a YouTube this talked about.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
One of the downsides of 9/11 in popular music though other than the Clear Channel thing is how the radio stations at the time kept endlessly playing right wing, conservative pro-American country music that was more annoying and glurgy rather than anything uplifting and patriotic
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide