Music thread

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
So there’s a big four of thrash metal (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax) and a big four of grunge (Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden). What about other genres?
Posted Report
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@TheHappySpaceman
Pink Floyd absolutely!
Early Floyd were titans of the psychedelic rock scene of the 60s
In my opinion though, I’d replace the Grateful Dead with 13th Floor Elevators. The Dead played a lot of straight up blues, folk and country, while the Elevators were more overtly psychedelic in their overall sound pressing forward and lyrics.
Not a noob here, by the way. I’ve been a fervent fan and researcher of psychedelic music for 17 years and counting.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mellow Rhythm
Fair dues! I’d consider Floyd to be, like, at the intersection of psychedelic and progressive rock.
And true about the Dead. Their musical style was a mix of all those elements and more, even though they tend to get pushed into the “psychedelic” category. (They even had a few prog songs, believe it or not.) I need to listen to more of the Elevators, though!
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
For progressive rock, if I had to limit it to just four bands, it’d be King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, and ELP. I’ve seen Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull listed along with the four bands as a big six of prog rock. Rush is a bit too late. By the time they released their first couple albums, King Crimson had already broken up, Peter Gabriel had already left Genesis, and ELP’s best days were behind them.
I don’t consider Pink Floyd a true progressive band as most of their music is slow, written in 4/4 time, with no complex melodies or instrumentals. I feel like the members of Pink Floyd would have had a hard time trying to play the music of most other prog bands including King Crimson and Rush. I’m not saying Pink Floyd isn’t prog, but they aren’t the greatest prog rock band ever or the definitive prog band. If progressive rock means sounding like King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, ELP, etc. then Jethro Tull, Rush, and even Kansas are more progressive than Pink Floyd.
@TheHappySpaceman
Yeah Stone Temple Pilots was big in the 90s but I usually don’t seem them listed as one of the big four. It could be because they aren’t from Seattle, but then again, Anthrax isn’t from California yet they’re one of the big four of thrash.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Listened to all of Scatman John’s singles discography, this man is one of the most wholesome musicians to have ever existed on this planet. Not only is his brand of Eurodance and jazz mix really great and unique, but the way how he overcame his stuttering disability via music is very inspiring. Sad that he didn’t live to see the new millennium, but he lived one of the greatest lives ever and one that I can only dream of having.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Oh and yeah, psychedelic rock is great, Grateful Dead are fantastic and prog rock is okay, not a huge fan of it.
Posted Report
♬𝕸𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝕽𝖍𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖒♪
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

💙Glass Sight's Chocopon💙
@angryprogrockbrony
Yeah. Prog to me is more ELP, Yes, KC and the lot. Pink Floyd had prog elements, but only in the late 60s and up to WYWH. Even then, their music was not nearly as complex as the other bands you mentioned.
@Mr.Myoozik
I only know maybe a couple of his songs, but his story certainly is inspiring!
I should investigate him more. It’s ingenious that he employed scat-singing as a way to overcome his stuttering, since that style is already kind of like stuttering!
Posted Report
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
I find Stratovarius kinder Underrated now for not getting much attention because of other power metal bands like Helloween and Biind Guardian
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mellow Rhythm
Yup! I have deadhead parents who made a computer trivia game about the Grateful Dead back in the day, so I’m definitely well aware of the acid tests.
@angryprogrockbrony
I guess artists like Floyd, The Moody Blues, and Aphrodite’s Child would be at, like, the intersection between psychedelic and prog. Where they started to become prog, but didn’t have many of the elements of the genre yet.
Rush would be among my big five of prog, though. It doesn’t matter that they were late to hop in compared to Genesis and King Crimson; stuff like “2112,” “Cygnus X-1,” and “The Necromancer” became among some of the best known songs in the genre.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@TheHappySpaceman
Yeah those are all good songs, and so are Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato, and YYZ. Rush is a bit overrated, but still good. I agree about Pink Floyd and The Moody Blues being somewhere between psychedelic and prog, having some elements of prog, but it was King Crimson that defined prog rock.
Posted Report
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

seventh layer of hair
If these is another one of them rapper dying of drug overdose case, then I’m not surprised.
Heart attack already seemed convincing if it’s because of the drugs.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide