Music thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Either way, I expect his biggest hit Gangsta’s Paradise to be the biggest streamed song on the planet soon because of his death and maybe return to the pop charts after more than 25 years
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to Steve Lacy for his first ever number one song with Bad Habit. Well deserved cause the song is really great and for permanently dethroning the juggernaut that is As It Was by Harry Styles from the number one spot.
Posted Report
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
4th single from Alter Bridge dropped on Monday and this is my favourite so far and the album is Coming out next week October 14th
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
One week until the new Skid Row album, The Gang’s All Here!
And for once, I actually care about a new Skid Row release because the singles sound great so far!
Posted Report
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

seventh layer of hair
The Slipknot, Lamb Of God and Stratovarius albums were average while some are calling The End, So Far their worst album, that would belong to The Gray Chapter.
Posted Report
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

seventh layer of hair
Does post-Geoff Tate Queensrÿche still hold up to many or if not, some people up till now? I just took a dig on their latest album and it seemed sounded like a regular to this present singer.
Posted Report
Dashie41 YT

Negan Guy
Congratulations to Slipknot who went number one on the UK album charts beating George Michael and some other artist who i never heard of
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Even to this day, we still never got to figure out if this is your beautiful house and if this is your beautiful wife
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I don’t remember anything about NYSNC, though I don’t keep up with pop music in general. If BTS were to break up today and everyone started weeping, I wouldn’t even know it. All I remember is there were some popular boy bands which were big in the 2000s and even the 2010s (One Direction comes to mind), but have been forgotten now since they all sucked. Good music doesn’t get forgotten. It’s 2022. Would you rather listen to a boy band from the 90s (like the Backstreet Boys) for the very first time, or a rock band from the 70s for the very first time?
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@angryprogrockbrony
I mean, there is a reason why 70’s classic rock songs and 2000’s boy band pop songs are both remembered despite being from two different worlds, both have a wide audience who still like these two genres, especially the overlap
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
Boy band pop songs are only remembered because so many teen girls listened to them. I don’t see any new fans of those bands, at least not compared to 70s rock bands which gain new young fans everyday. But then again, most music, including popular music from all time periods, isn’t any good and is only remembered because radio stations play them to death or a popular movie, TV show, or video game features the song. I mean, a lot of music fans listen to music because they actually like it regardless of how unpopular it may be, but others only listen because it’s popular and their friends like it, or maybe the artist looked hot, or maybe because of some movie or TV show they watched. Remember when JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure was big a few years ago and the guys who watched it all of a sudden King Crimson is very popular among anime fans? Sure a lot of these fans may be toxic but at least it gave the band more exposure.
Posted Report
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
Depends on which one. I haven’t listened to boy band stuff by the most part, but i doubt that i’d find much of it worse than some punk stuff i’ve encountered from the 70s.
I mean, a lot of music fans listen to music because they actually like it regardless of how unpopular it may be, but others only listen because it’s popular and their friends like it, or maybe the artist looked hot, or maybe because of some movie or TV show they watched.
Word, I upload some songs to my youtube account and recently there’s been a surge of views on the Grandmaster Caz’s “Yvette” video i uploaded, apparently because the Will Smith autobiography mentioned it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide