Music thread

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
How do you all feel about very popular bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen, and Metallica, their fans, and the fact that they’re often hailed as the greatest rock bands of all time? Do you think they’re overrated or do you think they deserve all the praise they get?
I don’t think any of these bands are awful but I don’t think they’re the greatest ever.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@angryprogrockbrony
Pink Floyd: Good but overrated
Led Zeppelin: Great
Queen: Good but overrated
Metallica: Great
Fans: I mean, they just like their music. Common sense dictates that I don’t have an issue as long as they’re not being asses or elitists about it
For the first claim, I do think they warrant that title, but it shouldn’t come at the expense of other bands that are just as great and talented. For the question, I do think they deserve their praise but in the case of Floyd and Queen, they can get hyped up too much which to a non-prog rock fan like me can feel overbearing.
@Mellow Rhythm
I’m still doing my one hit wonder listens and the next one was the Celtic folk superstar from your country. Her stuff is really legit, I like that it’s medieval poetry set to music.
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@angryprogrockbrony
Pink Floyd: Good but overrated
Don’t need to talk about them again since I just did not long ago.
Led Zeppelin: Great
It’s been a while since I listened to them a lot. I think they deserve the praise they get though bands like Deep Purple and Jethro Tull were just as good if not better despite being not as successful.
Queen: Good but overrated
Yeah I probably said this before but there isn’t a lot of focus on the band in their songs, just their singer. I mean, Freddie Mercury was a good singer, but good bands shouldn’t revolve around the singer and just have the rest of the band as extra musicians backing the singer.
Metallica: Great
I listened to them a lot when I was growing up and they were my favorite band for a while. I will say I’m not a fan of their newer albums Death Magnetic and Hardwired… to Self-Destruct.
Fans: I mean, they just like their music. Common sense dictates that I don’t have an issue as long as they’re not being asses or elitists about it
I don’t care much about fanbases since most of them just like the music, though I have seen some ignorant fans before. I’m not as much an ass or elitist as I was two years ago, though I still don’t like pop music and likely never will.
For the first claim, I do think they warrant that title, but it shouldn’t come at the expense of other bands that are just as great and talented. For the question, I do think they deserve their praise but in the case of Floyd and Queen, they can get hyped up too much which to a non-prog rock fan like me can feel overbearing.
Yeah I think some of them do deserve a lot of the praise they get, but a lot of them get too much praise, especially Pink Floyd and Queen.
What underrated or unpopular bands do you think deserve more praise and should be compared to the four bands we talked about? I feel like if some bands that were just as good if not better than those four had more exposure, they’d be considered some of the great bands of all time.
Posted Report
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
Finally bands and artist i just hate and never want to listen anymore
Five Finger Death Punch older albums are worth the listen just the 3 albums then got into boring radio rock
The Proclaimers for that overplayed 500 miles some overrated as f..k and their not that good just cheesy
Wet Wet Wet not a fan only heard one song Love is All Around
Gary Glitter f..k him never heard his music
Lastly my hated of all time Psycho Synner one of the worst bands of all time from Jeremy ex FFDP and Devil Daddy WTF is this band with a another name that i wil not be saying because it’s disgusting i heard one album and never went back on them it is terrible worse than Six Feet Under and other band metal bands.
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Most overrated 5
Beatles
Queeen
BTS
Taylor Swift
Bryan Adams
I don’t know who Bryan Adams is and I’ve never listened to BTS (they probably suck) but I agree the other three are all overrated, especially Taylor Swift.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Going to answer my own question.
What underrated or unpopular bands do you think deserve more praise and should be compared to the four bands we talked about?
I think Deep Purple is underrated compared to Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath since they were just as influential yet most people only know the song Smoke on the Water and maybe Highway Star. Their music was fast, loud, had heavy guitar riffs and fast solos, and aggressive high-pitched vocals, all of which helped create heavy metal. Rainbow, in my opinion, is even more underrated. Ronnie James Dio, Ritchie Blackmore, and Cozy Powell were all very talented yet they weren’t nearly as successful as other 70s bands.
Jethro Tull I think is another band that’s just as good if not better than all those classic bands everyone likes that I mentioned. Like many prog rock bands of the 70s they had a unique sound which had a flute as a primary solo instrument instead of just having guitar solos. Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath was a member of the band for a short time.
King Crimson is still my favorite band and while they aren’t underrated as a prog rock band (they defined if not invented the genre), they don’t get a lot of praise amongst non-prog rock fans, probably because they kept breaking up after a few years and unlike Genesis and Yes, never tried to “sell out” (though Heartbeat and Sleepless do come close, but even those songs aren’t bad). I recall hearing somewhere that Robert Fripp was trying to avoid popularity or too much success as it was bad for the music, and to be honest, if I made music I would do the same.
I could talk about a lot of other bands including Gentle Giant and Van Der Graaf Generator but I’ve already written enough for now.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@angryprogrockbrony
A lot of bands really, but I don’t think any of them stacks up to the four you mentioned. It would be easier to just say underrated bands and/or underappreciated bands on their own merits.
I don’t think comparing bands is really necessary when talking about their qualities because they all have their own unique traits which makes them unique. It would be like trying to compare The Beach Boys to say, Anthrax. Both can be enjoyed on their own merits without having the need to say which sound is better. Same thing for Queen, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple or any of these boomer bands that I’m pretty sure their older demographic don’t care about which one is better.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

The Who are criminally underrated. They pioneered the rock opera, and just when you think you’ve got them figured out, you check out another one of their albums and get something unexpected. I always see people go “Wait, that’s by The Who?” “Quadrophenia” and “The Rock” are hidden prog rock gems.
Posted Report
Starless
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah none of them stack up in terms of success, but I still think they’re all better musically, but that’s just my opinion. Maybe I’m just tired of always hearing the same bands on the radio and artists getting too much credit for stuff (e.g. Ozzy Osbourne is called the godfather of heavy metal for absolutely nothing, Eddie Van Halen didn’t invent two-hand tapping, he just did it faster than everyone else and helped popularize it).
@DerpyFast
The Who are one of the most talked about rock bands. I don’t think they’re underrated, but they aren’t overrated either.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I feel like I should say something about the whole rock bands using backing tracks controversy, but I don’t know if that’s old news or if anyone still cares.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide