Viewing last 25 versions of post by DarkObsidian in topic [Dark] Depression/Suicides within the fandom (The revival)

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
[@Kicks24Sf](/forums/dis/topics/possibly-dark-depressionsuicides-within-the-fandom-the-revival?post_id=5204581#post_5204581)

Ah, I don't think most people would understand what I'm alluding to right now. Basically, it's also more of a reference to myself, my life and the life I've led in depression since I was 18 years old. And that was a damn long time ago. Than forgive me this little 'vent'. It's just that I hate my depression more than I want to end my life because of it. I'm sorry if that seems a little confusing.

I stopped believing in life after death a long time ago. I haven't seen any "promise of salvation" in it for a very long time. I am now 41 years old and I expressly wish NOT to see anyone from my past. It would be even worse if they could see what I've done and haven't done in the meantime. Oh, boy, that would literally be hell. ;-)

I actually wanted to go more into the "kill yourself to find peace" aspect. For suicide can never and will never be any form of peace. Only the ripcord for those who have lost the will to fight. In my opinion, a fight can be fought for a number of reasons. And if it's just to avoid being brought to your knees in front of this .... world.

Personally, I think everyone has a right to be depressed. So much so that the depression even becomes a part of him/her/themself. As with me. But that doesn't necessarily make you weak, vulnerable, or at worst worthless. It only shows that one, and again only from my personal perspective, has not allowed oneself to be taken in by the heartlessness and falseness of the world. Or what you think and feel about it. And even if those feelings are usually just pain. But you feel. You feel that something is not right. But it's not (again just my personal opinion) not "we" who feel wrong. It's just this damn world that's not quite right.

As said. Just a very personal opinion.

To be blunt: I don't like this world. And I like even less the people who are in it. But you don't have to feel bad about it. Even if there's always a reason why. Nevertheless, this world also has some beautiful things about it. You just have to search long enough to find it. And sometimes these things that can make us happy are more trivial than you think.

I'm sticking with this: I'm not killing myself just to give the world one more reason to say: Ha, see! Here again only one perished who didn't make it. ;-)
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
[@Kicks24Sf](/forums/dis/topics/possibly-dark-depressionsuicides-within-the-fandom-the-revival?post_id=5204581#post_5204581)

Ah, I don't think most people would understand what I'm alluding to right now. Basically, it's also more of a reference to myself, my life and the life I've led in depression since I was 18 years old. And that was a damn long time ago. Than forgive me this little 'vent'. It's just that I hate my depression more than I want to end my life because of it. I'm sorry if that seems a little confusing.

I stopped believing in life after death a long time ago. I haven't seen any "promise of salvation" in it for a very long time. I am now 41 years old and I expressly wish NOT to see anyone from my past. It would be even worse if they could see what I've done and haven't done in the meantime. Oh, boy, that would literally be hell. ;-)

I actually wanted to go more into the "kill yourself to find peace" aspect. For suicide can never and will never be any form of peace. Only the ripcord for those who have lost the will to fight. In my opinion, a fight can be fought for a number of reasons. And if it's just to avoid being brought to your knees in front of this .... world.

Personally, I think everyone has a right to be depressed. So much so that the depression even becomes a part of him/her/themself. As with me. But that doesn't necessarily make you weak, vulnerable, or at worst worthless. It only shows that one, and again only from my personal perspective, has not allowed oneself to be taken in by the heartlessness and falseness of the world. tOr what you think and feel about it. And even if those feelings are usually just pain. But you feel. You feel that something is not right. But it's not (again just my personal opinion) not "we" who feel wrong. It's just this damn world that's not quite right.

No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0

Personally, I think everyone has a right to be depressed. So much so that the depression even becomes a part of him/her/themself. As with me. But that doesn't necessarily make you weak, vulnerable, or at worst worthless. It only shows that one, and again only from my personal perspective, has not allowed oneself to be taken in by the heartlessness and falseness of the world. that you feel. And even if those feelings are usually just pain. But you feel. You feel that something is not right. But it's not (again just my personal opinion) not "we" who feel wrong. It's just this damn world that's not quite right.

No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian