[Dark] Depression/Suicides within the fandom (The revival)

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Gameplay The Pony  
I do, I don’t think you understand that emotions are not always that easy to quash, and that’s why I wanted to vent, because it affects me and I know it’s stupid.

I didn’t need multiple people telling me things I already know.
Kicks24Sf
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Gameplay The Pony  
She wasn’t asking for help. I talked to her in DMs before and she kinda made me realize my dismissive attitude was stupid on this thread cause people aren’t necessarily asking for help but it’s within my nature to offer it regardless and it just pissed me off when nobody seemed to accept it. It is called a venting thread and not a help thread.
deactivated103f39d

@Gameplay The Pony
She wasn’t asking for help. I talked to her in DMs before and she kinda made me realize my dismissive attitude was stupid on this thread cause people aren’t necessarily asking for help but it’s within my nature to offer it regardless and it just pissed me off when nobody seemed to accept it. It is called a venting thread and not a help thread.

I asked for help, and no one helped me.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
@Kicks24Sf

Ummm, sorry if I am offending or upsetting anyone, but… There’s already a vent thread, if I am not mistaken.

By the way, isn’t this a help thread anyway? As far as the first page tells me, this was supposed to be so… Like… helping people with their problems?

@Kicks24Sf

I would gladly join your Discord server, but I sadly don’t have Discord, and, honestly, I doubt I could connect much either way… My community doesn’t have Internet connection. Venezuelan problems…
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Gameplay The Pony  
As you can see from the intention of the creator of this thread, this was not supposed to be in any way a ‘venting’ thread, but for “all the sad ponies out there who want to communicate with other sad ponies”.

The intention of the thread, and how people compose themselves within it, are entirely different things. If you would like this to be a thread where people help each other, it can be that.

Help others. Report people who are off topic or who are trolling or ‘venting’ or trying to drive others from this thread or the site, report people who are attacking each other - that would help a lot.

If you want to create a new thread because you think that will be better, good luck.

But, just speaking from behind the scenes, some of the people asking for help the most are also the people making it almost impossible for these threads to work.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Laß mich sterben
@Kicks24Sf
This is not a vent thread. Please re-read the first post.

I’m probably just a cottonball living in a fairy world. But, don’t you think that was just a little bit harsh? Not trying to anger you of course. It’s okay if you think it isn’t.

@Gameplay The Pony

Well, the thread started like that, and it was kinda like that until… I came? Oh Fokker Dr.I, i ruined this thread! Sorry!
deactivated103f39d

@Gameplay The Pony
As you can see from the intention of the creator of this thread, this was not supposed to be in any way a ‘venting’ thread, but for “all the sad ponies out there who want to communicate with other sad ponies”.
The intention of the thread, and how people compose themselves within it, are entirely different things. If you would like this to be a thread where people help each other, it can be that.
Help others. Report people who are off topic or who are trolling or ‘venting’ or trying to drive others from this thread or the site, report people who are attacking each other - that would help a lot.
If you want to create a new thread because you think that will be better, good luck.
But, just speaking from behind the scenes, some of the people asking for help the most are also the people making it almost impossible for these threads to work.

Aah, I see.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@FliegerFaustToP47  
For what? If you think that they broke a rule, report the actionable post. But as far as I can see they did not break any rules - there’s multiple uses of ‘vent’, maybe that is what is causing confusion.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@FliegerFaustToP47  
I was replying to the statement “It is called a venting thread and not a help thread.”

This thread is not called a “venting thread”. If someone in here is just here to vent about shit or ponies like in the other venting threads, and they are not talking about their own personal sadness or struggles with depression, and it gets reported or someone on staff happens to notice it, there is a good chance they will be asked to go to one of the actual venting threads instead.

If you think that’s harsh, that’s your opinion, and you’re welcome to it. But this is not called a ‘venting thread’ - we have those, and while venting might happen in here, if it is not apropos the thread then we will ask the venter to leave (as we have maybe dozens if not hundreds of times in the past).
FliegerFaustToP47

Laß mich sterben
@Ciaran

Well, as far as i am aware of, venting means basically tossing your problems but not asking for help. In a way that would resemble this:

“Agh! I burnt with my coffee!”

Sorry if i don’t explain myself well, i don’t have a great grasp of the english language.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide