[Dark] Depression/Suicides within the fandom (The revival)

MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I’m starting to come to terms with the reality that I’ll never be happy and I just gotta live with it.

I just have to learn to numb myself from living with a painful existence.
Background Pony #1A79
Thanks for nothing asshole. What am I supposed to do about it. You tell me you’re going to help me and then you continue to do this shit and make me lie about what happened to me? I’m not going to say a lie because I didn’t fucking lie I was calling out for help which looks like a big attention seeking act to you. Fuck you. Goodbye derpi. this is the last post you’re getting from me. I’m not even going to talk about what I’m going to do because that’s just sooooooo sketchy! Bye!
xXSleep Deprived ArtistXx
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Old account
@Background Pony #1A79  
It’s over. I moved on. I survived the od. I’m f i n e . I’m just gonna do what I do. Draw… just draw… Can’t let ppl get to me. I was in a sensitive state, ok? Its hard when someone says they wanna help you then they say you made everything up. It really hurt my feelings. I came looking for help, not ridicules. live and learn. woopie……
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@xXSleep Deprived ArtistXx  
I know it probably doesn’t mean much coming from someone who knows nothing about you aside from what you posted in this thread but I’m glad to see you’re still around. I would have replied to your earlier post but I was worried I was too late.
deactivated686beb

I’m starting to come to terms with the reality that I’ll never be happy and I just gotta live with it.
I just have to learn to numb myself from living with a painful existence.

It’s sad but true. Everything in this world only gets worse, never better. Our lives might suck now but what is to come is nothing compared to what we’re dealing with now. You’re just going to have to accept that you’ll never be happy and just deal with it.

It’s amazing how I’ve been depressed my whole life, have been driven to suicide many times, and somehow I’m still alive. I should have died years ago, or actually, I should have never been born. Call me a “doomer” or anything else you want, but the sad truth is things only get worse in this world, and any hope should be given up, because I see hope as harmful. It keeps us from giving up what cannot be done.

Derpibooru has driven me to insanity, this entire fandom and MLP as a whole has. I could leave this fandom at anytime but can’t bring myself to do it. I have no friends in real life (I don’t even go anywhere, and I’ve been like that long before Covid began). On here, I have one friend. I won’t say his name (though anyone who knows me probably knows who I’m talking about) but befriending him was probably one of the worst mistakes I’ve ever made. To think if I never talked to this user, I would have never made an account here (I would have remained a background pony), would have never drawn art (which is another mistake I’ve made), and I probably wouldn’t be here right now. I’d likely be better off (or worse off). To be honest, I don’t even have a life outside Derpibooru and other forums, imageboards. I should have died by now.
deactivated686beb

@Slingring  
@Kicks24Sf

This is exactly what I was hoping you’d say. Nobody has ever felt bad for me and it is good that they want to see me suffer, or maybe I was just making all this shit up to see if anyone would fall for it (If I told you I wasn’t making this up and was actually serious, nobody would believe me). Nobody should feel bad for anyone with suicidal thoughts, since they’re all just faking it for attention. Fuck we don’t care if someone kills themselves, because almost everyone is making up stories to get people to feel bad for them. Don’t believe anyone. If you’re an artist, you have my permission to draw a picture of me being executed and all of Equestria celebrating my death. Make hate art of me. I don’t care. I’ll even create a bunch of fake accounts just to mass upvote that picture, and try to make it a featured image, and if it gets removed, I’ll keep reuploading it. Oh, and why don’t you start a petition to get me permabanned from Derpibooru, and while you’re at it, ask them to start blocking every IP address associated with Tor or a VPN so I can never use those.

I bet of all the posts on this thread, mine are probably the most bullshit of them all, by far. Even an unborn fetus could come up with better shit than this (they lack the mental capacity to come up with anything, but no shit is better than terrible shit).

If someone is suicidal or depressed, they’re probably just trying to get your attention. I shouldn’t take anything in this thread seriously. Maybe I had problems once and nobody gave a shit, so I just don’t care what people think of me anymore. I don’t want anyone to give a shit about me and if anyone feels bad for me or tries to help me, they should be banned or silenced. They don’t deserve to be here.

If anyone else in this world is having suicidal thoughts or is depressed, try to make them feel better.  
If I am having suicidal thoughts, either ignore me or make fun of me. That is the best thing you can do. The world would be far better off if I never existed.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Thank you to everyone who reported what was happening in this thread. I don’t think anyone on staff ever even reads this thread unless there’s been a report, so your reports really help. Sorry for the delay responding to the reports; we’re volunteers who aren’t here every day.
Beth
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
So there is this idea that people who fake anything for attention doesn’t deserve life, or anyone to care for them?

Nobody is stealing your attention from you. There is a lot of people that need attention.

Healthy people don’t always have the time or the stomach. If they quit their life to help nothing but depressed and broken people, they are going to end up the same way.

Unhealthy people are probally missing just as many answers, we need to be their for eachother, but we can get sucked into eachothers demons, or fall further down our own hole.

Help is scarce. It is our instinct in times of little resources to be selfish. By selfish I mean focusing on bettering oneself by steering away from the outside social world. Selfish does not mean reaching out to shit on others to feel good about yourself, this is malicious selfishness.

Mocking people, because your situation might be worst or more ‘real’ probably feels good, but such malice does not make anyone want to help you, in this world where help is more rare than… uh.. adhesive in post apocalyptic DC.

We think we have each other pegged all the time, but what we see is only surface level.

@Manerg  
If someone draws such a thing, and you go off the deep end, they will be blamed.

Sounds sick though.
deactivated686beb

@Beth  
The suicide picture, or actually, the entire second comment was written as a joke (first comment was serious), a response to those two users. I didn’t think anyone would waste their times actually drawing that. If I really did want another suicide picture, I’d draw it myself.

I don’t need attention, and I wasn’t making up a lot of what I said. I’d rather not talk about what I have been through, just know that it isn’t very good, or maybe it’s not as bad as I think and I’m just mentally fucked, but regardless, it’s going to get much worse even if I did try to fix my life.
Beth
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Manerg  
I see.

Everyone needs attention, and sometimes things are exactly, and only as bad as we think they are.

I’ve lied to and emotionally manipulated so many people, I myself am possibly to blame for a great deal of my misfortune. I always keep in mind the human capacity for dishonesty, but I often set my suspicions aside for one reason;

Whether or not someone is lying about certain things can be completely irrelevant to the cause of their problems.
Beth

In digital purgatory
There are a lot of important reasons why it’s hard to give attention to people, very little of it is because spend their capacity for empathy on ‘liars’.

-Any attention can have negative consequences, and set someone down a dark(er) path.

-Any sudden cessation of attention can do the same.

-Lost individuals can become emotionally dependent on the person trying to help, demanding more and more of their time. Then like a ticking timebomb, any time the helped fails the lost individual, the lost can be thrown into dangerous turmoil.

-If the helping individual chooses to help many, the value of their words can be cheapened to the point that they disappoint many people. All while navigating the landmind of the first three points.

-If the helper is sick, they might not be saying the right things, their coping mechanisms might be toxic. They might end up discussing calibers of gun cartridges while forgetting to tell you not to shoot yourself.

Helping people is dangerous, normal healthy people are scared, it’s not because they don’t have time. 90% of the time I read this thread to lament and to remember, I read because maybe I can help someone some day, but most of the time when I put any text into the box, it gets hard backspaced, because I know the danger.

If you’re talking to someone who doesn’t have very many answers themselves, talk about the little things that make life easier. Don’t believe they have a grand escape when they’re still stuck in the same boat you are.
deactivated686beb

@Beth  
I don’t believe there is any way out of this, no grand escape. The only solution is to just accept that life is shit and it’s only going to get worse. I don’t think anyone deserves attention, help, or love. I know I don’t. The world is a horrible place. It always has been. It’s almost impossible to tell whether someone on this forum is lying or not, so it’s best we either don’t take anything on this forum seriously, or take everything seriously.

The art I draw of my OC and Coloratura (and before that, Octavia) is just a distraction from the fact that in real life, I will forever be alone (which I don’t really care about anymore, and I’m probably better off that way). Love is harmful and I shouldn’t be given it (nobody should).
Background Pony #F5B2
i need to just go see a psychiatrist or something and just get it over with. but i let anxiety keep me from even bothering.
Gentlecolt
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I’ve found the saying “The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence” to be rather helpful when mental anguish starts building up.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide