[Dark] Depression/Suicides within the fandom (The revival)

Agent Luna

@warc9  
I don’t care about right or wrong. No one takes me seriously when I mention it so the cycle repeats. Even talking about this now knowing it doesn’t matter what I say makes me feel more hopeless. I’ve always had this pain inside. It just angers me that I can’t do it myself.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
@Agent Luna  
You have a clear choice in front of you. A happier life, or dying miserable.

That’s really it. It may not seem that way, but things change, things come through, and eventually you figure things out enough to not be miserable. So you can either die miserable, or live long enough to be happy.

Try spending a day with Habitat for Humanity or a soup kitchen or something. Or maybe just do something nice for someone around you. Things like that will help, at least a little, I promise.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@warc9  
I disagree. Things never magically change just because.

If you want change, you must cause that change all by yourself, and you must accept that the change will not happen overnight through a single lukewarm attempt.  
Yes, depression happens.  
Yes, I was there as well. Who hasn’t?  
Yes, I got over it.  
Yes, it took a considerable amount of time before it happened.
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Sciencepone of Science!
@Anonycat  
I can vouch for this. Every bit.

But I think both are true - change is inevitable, because it’s inevitable that eventually you’ll instigate it.

Or someone else or nature will. But you’re more likely to get the change you want if you do it. Though other people can make good changes, too. Friendship is magic.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Cirrus Light  
If you are depressed but do nothing but repeat the same routine every day while you wallow in your own misery and self pity, nothing will change. If you don’t want to be depressed, then it’s obvious that the first thing you must do is make a radical, and hopefully permanent change to your routine and lifestyle, since you already know that the current ones are making you feel miserable.

Leave the internet, stop thinking/saying negative crap, get a time consuming hobby to keep your mind distracted (gardening can do wonders), spend more time outside, catch some sunlight (it has an anti depressant effect), paint your room on bright colors and dress yourself on bright colors as well (chromatherapy is a thing after all) and if you can, get a gym membership as physical exercise not only improves your health, shape and self esteem but it has a strong anti depressant effect as well (Runner’s high is a thing after all.)

This is a concept so simple and yet can be so difficult to grasp by people who seem to enjoy to marinate on their misery and enjoy even more how they make other people feel miserable by proxy.
Rainboom Dash
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Rainbooms4Ever
@Anonycat  
I can definitely say working out feels amazing and can make you feel really good for 24 hours afterwards

I used to do intense cardio for 4+ hours.. I felt super relaxed and happy and just plain felt good for the next 24 hours

Then I’d feel depressed again.. and then I’d repeat.. and then repeat… And then repeat.. and then the effect is drastically less (maybe 2 hours afterwards and not nearly as strong)

Sigh
Rainboom Dash
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
@Agent Luna  
People do care about you

Some people don’t, but a lot of people do

I’ve been in and out of depression… Well… Every single day… But, things have improved

If I change a few things I would probably feel better

Like get an apartment now that I’m 22 and a half years old
Cirrus Light
Economist -

Sciencepone of Science!
@Agent Luna  
There are no problems, only problems with problems.

Try meditating. It works wonders. It’s neurologically and psychologically understood as a legitimate thing, even. You don’t need to be a Buddhist monk to do it but it’s basically the tool they use to get to where they do, and even they started where you are at one point.

For starters it’s as simple as finding a spot, getting comfortable, and relaxing. Just forget about all your problems for a minute and focus on the sensations of being alive - your breathing, your heartbeat, the ticking clock on the wall. Don’t think about them, just focus on the sensations.

A good technique is to focus on each part of your body, head, face, jaw, neck, shoulders, arms, chest, belly, hands - just working down your body to your toes relaxing every muscle as you go. Take your time, the goal isn’t to have it done, it’s to take your time doing it.

Even if people are talking in the next room you can focus past that and not think of the words but focus on the individual sounds that make up the words, or ignore the talking entirely.

Relax your mind, because not even sleep really relaxes it. We rest our bodies every day but our minds often don’t get the same privilege.

But relaxing one muscle at a time working down your body is a great way to relax the mind.

Lose yourself in your surroundings, basically. Just focusing on sensations.

It’s a bit like intentionally zoning out, but way more peaceful and relaxing.

It works absolute wonders.

If you’re tired, the image of fighting hard may not be appealing. But fighting depression can also be an act of letting a heavy weight off your shoulders and relaxing.

Giving in, but not giving up - all the relaxation without the defeat. Accepting the world the way it is by appreciating it, but still not giving up on improving it.

But don’t worry about that far ahead. All you gotta do to start is relax. You can also Google more on meditation.

It’s not like some weird arcane thing. It can be deeper like sitting down and really letting go, falling in sensations, or as simple as zoning out just listening to beautiful music or birdsong. It can be as refreshing as a good night’s sleep on feelings. It’s not always dramatic, but after a day or a few, you start to notice.

Also classical music has a powerful effect to inspire and uplift.

Anonycat’s advice was really solid advice as well. The lifestyle many people live is poison. The image of darkness is, well, darkness, yet we consign ourselves to it so often when there’s a bright sky just outside our windows.
Nightweaver20xx
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
I’m not sure if I want to come back here.  
Every time I come back here, I end up feeling like a piece of shit and I want to leave again.  
I’ve given up on looking for a job and I’m moving back home with my parents in a month.  
I have no income, no kids, no wife, no girlfriend and no friends.  
No, you people don’t count.

Overall, I’m just tired. Tired of doing this. Tired of doing this silly dance over and over again. I’m happy here for awhile, I get pissed off because someone pushes my buttons, I leave for awhile, then I come back because I feel like shit and eventually forget about it. Then it all happens again.  
With all the other shit happening in my life right now I just can’t anymore.  
I just can’t do this to myself anymore.

Mods, just give me a fucking duck badge and ban me to let me feel something.
Rainboom Dash
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Rainbooms4Ever
Well.. I’m going to try to get in shape again

It’s…. well… it’s going to be some work… but after 2 or 3 weeks it’ll become MUCH easier

The real problem is working out with work… I walk around a LOT at work and move boxes around and stuff of the sort… and then I work out at home for just a little bit and then I’m REALLY sore… then guess what? Work the next day… it’s painful because I’m really sore and.. ugh…

But, luckily I don’t think I have work scheduled for 2 days in a row the next few weeks… so… at least I got that going for me

really odd topic but um…. what would you use for a sore… uh… you know what, nvm… it’s my fault.. it’ll get better

At least apparently your body has some safety mechanism or something that makes it a lot weaker if it’s close together aaaaand.. I’m going to stop talking now

Well, yeah, I’m going to go work out now…. maybe get something to eat first… yeah… then work out

I REAAAALLY want to get back in shape
Cirrus Light
Economist -

Sciencepone of Science!
@Nightweaver20xx  
It takes some to put yourself out there.

I was horrible at making friends, but for some reason felt more comfortable around bronies, probably because I knew they were just as “weird” as I was, lol. So starting the brony club at my university is how I got a huge social circle there.

Probably also because I just feel oddly like… I dunno, people who’ve shrugged off the American masculinity culture, or just don’t feel it, just seem more sincere or something. I dunno.

Before then, all my close friends were from my church and childhood.
Bladex

It has only begun
For some reason I just feel terrible on my birthday and the days before and after it. Probably nothing, but I get this feeling that I was nothing but ungrateful and an asshole if I do something wrong.

@Nightweaver20xx  
Hey at least you aren’t having an inner war with yourself over past events. Also I don’t think you deserve a ban or what have you.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@Cirrus Light

By “American Masculinity Culture” do you mean the kind of person who uses a beat 1986-2006 fuel guzzling pickup truck with scratched up paint and without a muffler to go accelerating fast for the next red light? I don’t see any reason to do that either.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@Nightweaver20xx

Do something different for a different result, it has to be a different recipe in your life for a different pie. Read something gently inspiring and act it out. Dale Carnegie books? Rest gently? I’m throwing out suggestions here.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@Conflik9929

If you do something wrong you have to forgive yourself for it; I drove the wrong way into a parking lot yesterday and didn’t crash into anyone while not watching where I was going. I had to stop (Dad yelled to get my attention) and there was another car attempting to exit ahead of mine a few car lengths away. Dad’s vivid “listen up” speech hasn’t always been the most refined and easy to understand (it’s easy to project self-harming ideas into his speech if I’m not careful and I’m not sure I’m being that way NOW or not) but ultimately I HAD to forgive myself for it and move on. Nobody died or got hurt and there was no property damage so what was the self-hate for? Nothing at all.
Agent Luna

@Nightweaver20xx  
Damn I feel you. I think it’s funny people never notice me being nice and when I get shit on for trying to be friendly, then get upset because of it, boom - I’m the bad one.

That is unfortunately a part of the fandom. I’ve joined several sites with this very trait in common. People love to attack, bitch and moan and expect ass-kissing replies or if you retaliate to defend yourself, especially when someone persistently does this; automatic victimization.

It makes me afraid to talk to anyone on here and pushes me away as well. It’s good to take a break from it but I have no idea how to share something I love without the drama.

And another thing I forgot to add, it annoys me when people state depressed people should magically get over it. Yes I do say depressing things on here and that’s what the thread is for, if it’s not then ask a mod to close it. Same with vent threads, if someone doesn’t enjoy reading others opinions and experiences, why not they get off and quit worrying about someone else’s problems? It does neither to help them or the other in question. Let people bitch on their own as long as they aren’t actively pissing the same person off like I get from a few on here. All’s you gotta do when seeing me post; is ignore it. Don’t reply. It’s good to get it out, not have someone who is misinformed of the whole situation make it worse. (Not saying you Nightweaver, just something of my own)
Cirrus Light
Economist -

Sciencepone of Science!
@Agent Luna  
This really makes me think of Mentally Advanced Fluttershy, where she’s basically shy, probably abused, and people keep telling her to get over herself.

…something-something, selfishness, getting out of your shell, ehhh - yeah today I don’t feel like going that route.

I’m just gonna say you’re Fluttershy despite the username and avatar because this sounds like Fluttershy and give you a projection hug.

Projection-hug!

Projection-hug: verb; the act of giving a projection hug, noun; since internet users cannot directly hug each other, they must instead envision themselves as characters, thereby projecting themselves onto said characters, and render the two characters as hugging.
Nightweaver20xx
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
@Cirrus Light  
My life can go one of two directions now:  
Either I can give into the abyss, give up all hope, and you can watch the slow, painful destruction of a man who once had so much optimism for life…  
Or I can pull myself together and try to change everything about who I am.  
I dunno, the abyss sounds pretty good right now.
Cirrus Light
Economist -

Sciencepone of Science!
@Nightweaver20xx  
I woke up 11 hours ago and have been dying to sleep since, since I only got like two hours. Got home from church and ate about two and a half hours ago, finally flopping in bed, check my phone, and saw this.

So I made this. Best use of my time today. Happy to do it.

You seem like a sad Ponk.

Get’in’ere

warc9
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Ultimate Fan of Scoots
I felt like shit most of today.

I had unspeakable dreams, and stayed up despite my best efforts to go to bed until 3 am
The Glim Glam

Glim Glam Fam~
Guess I can say I suffer from depression.

Or at best, super self loathing and decided to feed into it by drinking coffee and listening to DSBM (depressive suicidal black metal) bands to throw away the negative thoughts of suffering.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide