Ps1 vs. N64

GargantuanBass
Thread Starter - Vent thread
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Personally, I prefer the PS1 mostly because of it’s CD Quality Audio. The graphics tended to be a lot clearer too. The N64’s graphics just look muddy and washed over to me.

Plus, Ps1 had Final Fantasy, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Soul Blade, Mega Man (8, various X’s, Legends), Gran Turismo, DDR, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, Brave Fencer Musashi, Metal Slug X, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, etc.

The N64 had some good games too, I’ll admit, but the poor music quality always killed them for me.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
The N64’s really lacked game variety. A lot of platformers and racing games and what, like three RPGs? The PS1 had way more variety.
Apokalypse

N64 was great if you had more than one friend over often, but PS1 had more quality single player experiences. Each system was good in its own regard.
Feral_Socks

@RIG  
Not both, because that would invalidate the entire point of this discussion.

Anyway, PS1. I love the N64 dearly, but Itsthinking is right that the PS1 had a lot more variety.
Camled
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Silver Bit -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I ended up with a PS1 in ‘98 thanks to my dad. Once I found the joys of Gran Turismo, Spyro, MediEvil, Medal of Honor and Resi, I was happy with the choice he made. I’m sure the old console’s knocking around in a loft somewhere…

As for the N64, I only ever remember using it once to play Super Mario 64.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I’d say I’m more partial to the N64. Why? Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, Zelda: Ocarina, Majora, F-Zero X, Mario Kart 64, Banjo Kazooie, Tooie, Jet Force Gemini, Tetrisphere, and others.

I feel the N64 had a nice variety of games, and the music quality was still not bad, I felt. I also liked some of it’s accessories like the rumble pack.

Shame “EarthBound 64” got cancelled though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide