Random Useless Facts Thread

CalypsoFantasy
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Pre-1932 US car fan
When Aeroflot flight 416 crashed near a mountain off the coast of Equatorial Guinea on June 1, 1976, killing all 42 passengers and 4 crew members, then-dictator Macías Nguema demanded a compensation - for damage to the mountain.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
It is commonly alleged that more planes were built and shot down in the course of World War II that are currently flying in the present day. However, this allegation is false: Approximately 100,000 planes were lost by Allied forces alone between 1941 and 1945, while approximately 210,000 planes, both military and commercial, were active as of 2020.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
@Background Pony #28C7
Did another look. Actually have those backwards. About 105,000 aircraft were recorded as being destroyed by the army air corps, both on their side and enemy aircraft shot down- don’t have any estimates for the number of planes lost by other countries, but likely to be within the tens of thousands. As for today, about 210,000 commercial planes are available in just the US, with another 53,000 military aircraft worldwide.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
The musical instrument identified as a lute in Skyrim is not actually a lute, but a lyre-guitar. Furthermore, the songs that the various bards play on these lutes were not played an actual lute, but a modern day acoustic guitar.
CalypsoFantasy

Pre-1932 US car fan
In 2000, Matt Damon and Willem Dafoe starred in a Chinese series called “Resist America Aid Korea” (the Chinese term for the Korean War). They were never credited for this project in the West and have never publicly spoken about it, and the series has been in development hell for 20 years, due to repeated problems of the film crew obtaining production permission from the CCP, the banning of all Korean War movies after 9/11 and for fear of hurting the Chinese-American relations after such.
Damon plays Eisenhower and was chosen by the director after his role in Saving Private Ryan.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Despite being a Canadian series, Ed, Edd n Eddy didn’t initially air in Canada due to Cartoon Network not having a Canadian feed until 2012, three years after the series ended.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Until the 1960s it was thought that Venus’s climate was like that of a tropical paradise. In fact sci-fi of the time used to portray Venus as a sort of utopia.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Actor Channing Tatum had his first acting debut playing a bartender in the music video for the Ricky Martin song “She Bangs” in 2000.
He was paid $400 for his role.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Even if Orthodox Christians have been known for their stunning icons, in Medieval times they used to have a prohibition against making statues.
I guess they became the very thing they condemned, the Iconaclasts.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide