Rate the Song above You

AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
I can’t remember if we had a thread like this, and finding out is going to cost precious time thanks to lack of a known search function that is not CTRL+F’ing as I go through the pages. But a simple thread to compliment the numerous games here.

Take a listen to whichever song the last poster has posted, rate it out of ten, and give a reason why you rated it that way.

So, to start: Kobo Town - The Call
deactivated35f6fef

I would give that song an 8/10- I usually don’t listen to much reggae music but this song was simply sublime. The bouncy melody of the song was catchy and a nice break from mainstream music. However, I couldn’t make out the lyrics in some part, mostly because of my shitty hearing. The mild accent didn’t help, but that’s unavoidable with reggae music.  
I’ll certainly be listening to more of this band’s music from now on.

Here’s the next song for you: Space Doggity- Johnatan Coulton
The_Mungoman
Thread Starter - /dis/gravity-falls
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Definitely an interesting one.  
Extremely trippy tune, with nearly no melody. Everything about it is crass and shrill. The oversexualized lyrics, the grinding chord progression, the shouty vocals, all of it is pure lust. Nothing pleasant or beautiful to it, just the mere need for sex.

It definitely is, no pun intended, a very carnal song; It is not intended to be deep or even nice to listen to, but merely a means to an end. And whilst I usually despise a lack of depth in almost any form of art, here it is obviously the maker’s intent, so I’ll let it slide.

Now sadly, it completely missed my personal taste. These sexually explicit songs disgust me, in several ways. Maybe that is what the interpreters meant for it to be, but there’s no way of finding that out.  
This song is so strange, it transcends the formula. I can’t possibly give it a rating without taking into account that it was made to be that way. All I can say is that I personally disliked it, but I can see the appeal it could have for other people.  
6/10

Roulette - System of a Down
The_Mungoman
Artist -

6/10  
Well, I really like the music itself. It’s got that really nice calypso-reggae vibe and it sounds very pleasant. If it was on its own, I’d give this a much higher score.

The vocals kill it for me, though. I found them repetitive, lacking in melody or charm and simply boring. That’s just my taste, though.

Suna no Hoshi (Sandy Planet) - Tsuneo Imahori
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

5/10

It’s a mood piece without a scene to give mood to, and could have honestly just looped the same 20 seconds over and over still managed to not be annoying

Kamp From the Rozen Maiden Traumend OST
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

To Blackie  
4/10 the lyrics and vocals felt like they were getting in the way of some decent back drop music, the kind you play when just hanging out fills the silence without stepping on anyone’s conversation but the vocals get in the way
The_Mungoman
Artist -

And now all these posts are jumbled.

Which one is next?  
Thanatos’? Blackie’s? Mine?

It’s called “Rate the Song above You” for a reason, you know.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide