Recommend Anime

Kanye West
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
I want to get into anime, but I have no idea where to start. Subbed or dubbed it doesn’t matter and I’d prefer if I could watch it online.
drumpowa

Is there any genre that tickles your fancy? Anime is quite broad compared to Western animation. From there we can dwindle down some choices. Or if you want I can give you some recommendations while you find and develop your taste.
Kanye West
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
Ooo, I hadn’t thought of that. Drama, mystery, action, maybe a bit of yuri

Or a mix of all of it would be nice.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
Boku no Pico.

If you want a romcom then I recommend School rumble. Dub is good.

Good starting choices include: fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, gurren lagan, code geass.
r0BSCENE
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Bye everypony
The holy grail of anime would be Cowboy Bebop. Drama, mystery, and action would likely fall under Death Note. For a real good action comedy I’d recommend Soul Eater. If you’re looking for a middle ground between Eastern & Western styles with lots of swearing, toilet humor, and sexual innuendo, then try Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt.
drumpowa

@Applejack007  
Death Note as noted above is a nice starting point. Though it’s less mystery and more cat=and-mouse/battle of wits. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is a good choice too, though once you finish that go check out the 03 FMA. The first ended up in a different direction half way though due to lack of source material at the time but it’s still a good watch regardless, including the movies.

If you want something of a pure mystery you got Detective Conan.

More Drama than mystery, then Gankutsuou

More Action than mystery, then Cowboy Bebop

If you want that along with some yuri underOVERtones, then watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

This should start you on your anime cocktail taste test.
SquiggyBomb
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Gayest hand in the west
PRINCESS TUTU! Now I know what you’re thinking. “How could I enjoy something called Princess Tutu?” But just trust me on this. Princess Tutu is the most metal anime about ballet in the entire universe.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
Vandread is a good one, as strange as it is. Basically, take the concept of Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus to its logical extreme.
apegacine
Since the Beginning  -

Gregory Horror show is a great series and you can watch it on youtube.  
And its pretty short too, one season is pretty much an hour and a half since it follows a short episode format.  
And there is also Kill La Kill which had good action and characters.
EHAN
Thread Starter - Pokemon General Thread

SELAMAT PAGI
Cowboy Bebop is a definite recommend to anyone by anyone.

Also, I’d recommend giving Nichijou a try too||, it’s basically consumed every fiber of my being and there is no escape for me  
full||
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide