Viewing last 25 versions of post by Holofan4life in topic The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I just got back from watching Elvis. It was pretty good. The person who played Elvis did an excellent job. Tom Hanks was good, though his performance was cartoonish at times.

The movie is told from the perspective of Elvis' manager, and I think that was a mistake. Tom Parker isn't likable enough to have him be the one to retell the events. The movie could've made him as this sort of morally grey antihero, but instead, he's just kinda detestable, which is honestly probably what they were going for. From what I read, Tom Parker was quite the dick. I think what they should've done was have the movie be from Elvis' perspective. Have Parker still be in it, but have Elvis be the main focus. It would've been cliche, but I think it would've made the movie stronger.

Regardless, I enjoyed the film. It was well worth the price of admission.
No reason given
Edited by Holofan4life
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I just got back from watching Elvis. It was pretty good. The person who played Elvis did an excellent job. Tom Hanks was good, though his performance was cartoonish at times.

The movie is told from the perspective of Elvis' manager, and I think that was a mistake. Tom Parker isn't likable enough to have him be the one to retell the events. The movie could've made him as this sort of morally grey antihero, but instead, he's just kinda detestable, which is honestly probably what they were going for. I think what they should've done was have the movie be from Elvis' perspective. Have Parker still be in it, but have Elvis be the main focus. It would've been cliche, but I think it would've made the movie stronger.

Regardless, I enjoyed the film. It was well worth the price of admission.
No reason given
Edited by Holofan4life