The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
Bakugo has literally tried to murder Deku multiple times in the past, and the teachers continue to enable him. Apparently Japan sees bullying as even less of a serious problem than the US, so his behavior is dismissed and he never once gets punished for it. Even for as much of a problem American schools have with bullying, if anything like that happened here, he would be expelled at the very least.

And what makes it worse is how Deku continues to worship Bakugo through it all. Like, even when Deku is trying to do better than Bakugo, it’s with the undertone of “I’m doing this because you’re so good.” It’s weird and borderline homoerotic. This isn’t normal and shouldn’t be encouraged.

@icey wicey 1517  
TBH, I haven’t even seen Sky High in years, but I remember it being far better.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@TheHappySpaceman  
That seemed unnecessary.  
I just said I find it overrated I didn’t say it was bad only that I personally find it to be

>>473386p (deleted)

And my opinion offended you so much you have to go “well at least my thing doesn’t have problematic shit in it”

If like Sky High fine if you don’t like MHA fine I don’t care what you like and don’t like that’s for you I just ask that you please not be a dick about it.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

If I recall correctly Sky High (which I’ve never watched from start to finish more a half way through thing) also had bullies in it that picked on the sidekicks and teachers never did anything about them until the end of movie and that was because they (surprise surprise )sided switch the villain.

On MHA side Bakugo gets kidnapped by the bad guys because he’s so aggressive they think they can turn him but his response to them is “FUCK YOU ASSHOLES!!!”

See differences.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

Y’know to be fair I’ve heard of heard the author has admitted he regrets some of how hard he went with Bakugo’s bullying especially the KYS moment at the start of the series.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@TheHappySpaceman  
That’s because he’s the golden boy in the eyes of those with the power to punish him.

It’s not an excuse, it’s an explanation.

I should link you Exclamation Point’s videos on the subject.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Darth Prime

Bakugo’s also getting actual character development, and a pretty significant theme of the manga is how abuse and the enabling of said abuse is hard to overcome (most notably with Todoroki’s father Endeavor).

I’m not even into MHA and even I know that.
Jarkes
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
In other news, Bleach is getting an anime continuation adapting the arcs they never got to. Let’s hope these don’t take 10 years like the arcs in question did.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, I recall hearing that they had plans for a Sky High TV series which obviously didn’t happen.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Jarkes  
I always see Bakugo as something of a deconstruction of Vegeta the best the elite the arrogant prick that can back up how good he is and then he gets surpassed by someone that should be way beneath him then having to play catch-up it plays around with that dynamic.
Background Pony #B589
Now I’m definitely going to watch Sky High tonight for the first time in my life.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
All this discussion made me decide to watch Sky High again for the first time since I was a kid.

You can tell this guy is the antagonist since he has long hair and wears leather.

full

…wait…
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
So, I just finished watching Sky High. Apart from the confusing choice of its soundtrack consisting of 1980s songs reimagined by 2000s pop punk bands, it was pretty good.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I will say, upon rewatching the film, Warren Peace was at the very least a significantly better developed and more nuanced “main rival to the hero” character than I had remembered.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide