The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
i’m just going to say it…beastars is better the zootopia.  
it’s like super horny but this shit is super good.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Angrybrony  
Eeeeey.  
You up to date with the latest manga chapter yet?

Well, tbh Zootopia only had like 120 minutes or less to delve on their society and the underlying mechanism so their anthropomorphism is kinda skin-deep.

Beastars, being adult oriented and is a long running manga, has all the time it needs to develop a much more plausible society if they were made by sentient animals, complete with how their biology plays with how they interact with each other.

Beastars is an ongoing story about nature vs nurture, normalcy vs deviance and how to find harmony within chaos. Every character is both victim and agent and I love it.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Jarkes  
Yep, and i still affiliate him more with you than any of my limited memories of Lost Galaxy,

the cast of that game is weirdly random, like i get some picks, but like why wouldn’t you go with a proper black ranger over some kind of drone?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Angrybrony  
Things get 100x better in the manga.

Not better as in “yeah errbody hepi ending” but as in you get more characters, lore, commentaries that mirror real life issues and other great stuff.

I was super glad to have found Beastars.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Not sure if I like Beastars’ anime or manga more. The anime has a unique and engrossing animation style. The manga gives their characters a wide range of expression.

Regardless it’s a good series.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

At first I was like: Oh it’s another Zootopiaaaa–no it’s not. NO it is not!

I personally like the manga more tbh. The animation is good but yeah…it’s lacking expression. Again, I was comparing it to Zootopia so I kinda was expecting something more cartoony and animated.

And just that when you read a manga panel that you really like, you kinda fill in the “inbetweens” in your head and you in turn create your own animation. So when a scene shows up in the anime and it doesn’t really fit how you saw it in the manga it kinda felt off.

Reason why I like Jojo Part 4 so much is because a lot of the scenes convey the same energy as the manga panels.

And that is also why I cannot, for the love of me, enjoy the Berserk 3DCG Anime. Fucking bullshit that anime.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Angrybrony  
The manga shows you just how honest and sincere he is. He a good boi.

Louis tho. Now THAT is a man. At least the manga shows you how he’s developed into one heck of a character. Can’t believe I actually legit like a blatantly and unapologetically racist main character.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide