The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I still think it’s a slippery slope for kid-friendly videos instantly to be restricted JUST to kids. I would like it if for kid friendly video clips like say a Spongebob Chocolate With Nuts clip, a child under the age of 13, would have a kids account not be able to see comments. Whereas someone older can have a normal account that does not restrict comments. Everyone wins. (Although I know it’s not that easy.)

@Dex Stewart  
It’s probably because whatever or whoever decides what’s for kids, is naturally biased to think animation is for kids.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Why do Goanimate videos where the characters get arrested usually includes police officers naming the charge of “being a baby show character”?

Like what the fuck?

How does that even make sense in the context of their world where fictional characters casually exist yet somehow also have non-existent personas on tv in said world which obviously would be separate entities.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Ashens mostly unboxes little toys and stuff,and makes jokes about how “tat” they are.  
I don’t think there are any animations of Ashens.  
Recently a video I made about Power Rangers Pop figures got Comments turned off,even though Pop figures say on the box they’re for ages 14+. While yes,that is silly it makes calling the video children content pretty stupid.  
The video I made about freaking Board Books didn’t get children’s content’d! YouTube is broken.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Dex Stewart  
Sorry man. That freaking sucks. I wish Youtube would let the actual creators be the ones to decide what is for kids and not. And they would not overrule it. Do they think we’re too immature to know what’s for kids and not?

And even if it’s completely kid friendly like an MLP clip, let the uploader decide whether it should be for Youtube Kids or not.

I keep hoping Vlare will be the solution to our problems (I know it probably won’t). And it will fix everything.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@TheHappySpaceman  
Well, for this reviewer, I would say, I would be proud that this “fangirl” channeled her passion into something she and others can be proud of.

Better that, than being a boring stick in the mud.

It’s okay to not like a show, but how about give REAL criticisms not mean spirited ad hominems.
Background Pony #4AC5
So with Spider-man 60th Anniversary coming who would you like to see write a comic story for it? Specially Amazing Spider-man #1000
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
What would you do if you found yourself stuck in a Goanimate Grounded Video or TF2 Freak video?

Basically you’re either gonna get grounded for life and possibly have punishment day by Boris or eaten by Painis Cupcake.

IDK what fate is worse.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I’m really enjoying the new Love Live anime. However, I do have one problem. And that’s Rina rarely wears her mask.

When the series was announced, Rina was the character I was most excited for because she seemed different. I loved the idea of a character who barely communicates and hides her face behind a mask. I also loved how her mask gave expressions so that you could tell how Rina was feeling. Her wearing a mask and barely talking made her stand out the most out of all the new characters.

But then the anime started airing and it feels like they’ve completely gone against what made Rina so unique. She rarely wears her mask and she talks way too much. Sure, she’s shy and timid, which is her character, but I always felt the whole appeal of her was her design and the fact she wore a mask because she was shy to show her face. But now, they completely did away with it.

I really feel the anime has done a disservice to Rina in regards to what she could be. She could easily be the most interesting character of the whole cast, what with her hiding her face and her barely talking. But now, she barely stands out. I like the anime as a whole, but I hate how the anime has presented Rina.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Angrybrony

Unfortunately I don’t think OMD can be undone at this point. Even if Quesada stops being the top editor, OMD has been the status quo for well over a decade with hundreds of stories already based from it. Best case scenario is they continue to soldier on until we finally get Peter and MJ tying the knot again.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide