The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Pretty prose: he was attacked from all sides by multiple assailants and had trouble fighting back.

Crude prose: he’s getting jumped.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@tehwatever

Actually, it’d be more like.

“He was involved in a dreadful melee, assailed from all sides by a menagerie of combatants. A situation of which he had no hope of surviving”.

Random colorful adjectives, use of archaic words like “assailed”, and flavor words for otherwise mundane objects/groups/situations.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Zincy  
I wasn’t even going there because it would sound too verbose and you can smell the author flexing their thesauric usage of words, at which point it becomes a meme.

Nobody wants to read a meme sincerely.

But, if you’re am author and you’re going for that ironic guilty pleasure, sure why not, prose away.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Background Pony #5150  
I figured it was probably a fan made poster. I’m still holding out hope for a new Punisher show.  
I’d love if they got all the actors together for a Teamup. Dolph Lundgren,Tom Jane,Ray Stevenson,and Jon Bernthal,kinda like Spiderverse,but with Frank Castles.
Background Pony #53BB
I’m trying to determine what the most powerful “all consuming swarm” race in sci fi is.
I’m not sure it counts as a “race”, but if an all consuming sci fi swarm is what you’re after, there is a very obvious answer.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
Actually buys these unironically anyway?  
The calming joke I hear is that its grandmother’s not knowing better when the grandchildren children ask for a movie I think they would have to be seriously out of it to fall for it
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@northern haste  
In these days I think it’s so much cheaper than the other,like,on streaming and whatnot,people are like,I’ll see if this is as good.  
Most Asylum flicks are actually popular,as some people just want noise and cgi.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
I’m trying to determine what the most powerful “all consuming swarm” race in sci fi is. And I mean if they were put on equal terms, with equal amounts of units and resources.

What about the Reapers from Mass Effect?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Penguin Dragneel  
No good middle ground between the two aesthetic parties.

Unless you’re like me, who could honestly live with either arrangement.

Plus when you use the ‘rat girl’ one, people accuse (or expect) you of humanizing a monster race. Not so with the ‘female rat’.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@WyrmSpawN  
“No good middle ground between the two aesthetic parties.”

I’m not up to date on furry media but I’m sure that the average furry nut could easily find a dozen examples to prove you wrong.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Was watching Nichijou when a character says “Count to 10” and the other then says “Twenty log of root ten. There. I counted to 10”

Me: wait lemme pause for a bit.

twenty log root ten. root is something to the power of half. so it’s 20 log (10 1/2 ). I take the power of the domain as a multiplier for the log function, from the logarithm power rule
log (X Y) = Y log X
that gives me
(20 / 2) log (10)
which gives me 10 log(10). log without a base specified in the subscript means it’s of base ten. So it’s really 10 log 10 (10). According to the logarithm base rule
log X (X) = 1
then that gives me 10 log 10 (10) = 10 x 1.

So it really is ten.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide