The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
I don’t know Moss-man to begin with. This is like my 1st intro to He-Man. So in my perspective, all these guys are new to me.  
So when he showed up and died two seconds later I was like: Wait was this guy supposed to have been a regular recurring character?  
If he were cut I wouldn’t miss him–because I wouldn’t even know what I missed.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
He was voiced by Alan Oppenheimer,the original voice of Skeletor. That seemed to be all the weight he had,so I wondered how he’d come across to someone new.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
well damn. in that case, that flew right by me.  
To someone who had zero idea about the original Master of the Universe franchise, Moss-Man’s appearance in the Netflix anime had the weight of a feather in my opinion.

Man, they really expected the audience to know some stuff before going into the anime, don’t they?

Shoulda just done a reboot, to be honest.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
Here I thought they was tryna appeal to new fans.

I finished part 1 and I can already tell I much prefer this anime  
full  
to the Netflix’s He-Man anime.

Because Thundercats 2011 (I kinda miss the damn thing) was a reboot and not a sequel thing, so I didn’t have to know jack squat to just enjoy it.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
full  
The 2002 He-man worked really well as an introduction,as well as a continuation somewhat.  
Also a far superior voice cast than Revelation. Who would have thought voice actors were good at voice acting? Novel concept right there.
Angrybrony
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
so i have an idea for this autistic physic charater i’ve been think of for a long ass time: i wanna give him a red long coat as a refence to carrie (and a refence to US1 cuz i want to make some connections to that comic), make long for a dark city refence to those physic.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Angrybrony  
I think he also means you should write it down. Man’s a 140 IQ writer of fiction and academic works, I think his advice is sound.

The more you shape your concept up, the more of the general shapes and idea is marked down on somewhere other than your head, the easier it is for an artist of your choice to whip up a concept art.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@tehwatever

@Phantom Rider

Actually, when I was measured a few years ago, it was 135ish. But I think IQ is a flawed measure of intelligence. Consider the fact that despite having such an IQ, I am utterly awful at algebra and cannot spell for shit. Though I was measured like 6 years ago, before my grad school and teaching career.

But yea I was referring to writing it out. As the written word can paint a picture just as well as any paintbrush.
Angrybrony
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Phantom Rider  
yes. i wanted to make an autistic psyic charater since i don’t think there have been any and also i feel like there’s an interesting story you can do with it. this charater is one in a team of 3 (maybe 4) one being other member being his older brother that can project psyic weapons that can be detanated if needed (think greem lantern but with mixed with gambit).
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Mr. T was from the A Team right?

Did the other guys from that series go on to do anything big?

Never really hear about them.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@CaptainXtra  
Well apart from Mr T, the actor who played Hannibal Smith passed away in the 90s and the actor who played Templeton doesn’t really do acting much for about the past decade or so.

The only one who seems to have it good is the guy who played Murdoc. He went on to play Reginald Barclay in the Star Trek franchise and mainly does voice acting now.

he’s also the same guy who voiced Mung Daal in Chowder.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Count Adramalekhovich Searmagomedov  
I love it.  
I love that Hollywood is putting aside shaky cam for more gritty, longer take fight scenes that doesn’t hide an actor’s athleticism.  
Ever seen Atomic Blonde? I love the fights in it.  
Why choreograph something that the actor can’t pull off in the first place?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’m having trouble coming up with a physical description for a character. Their species is a canid like, near anthro, thing. Its the face that’s stumping me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide