The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Background Pony #34FA
Which fictional universe is the most ambitious and has the deepest lore that you are aware of?
Tolkien’s Middle Earth is the obvious one.
There is Asimov’s Foundation universe which was one of the earliest interstellar spanning sci-fi universes and is still fucking massive by today’s standards.
Dune is also quite large and ambitious.
For more recent stuff, there is Malazan which is the only fantasy series I’m aware of that gives Tolkien’s Middle Earth a run for it’s money in terms of World building. It’s probably the most ambitious fantasy series of the last 30 years.
The Elder Scrolls has the deepest video game world I’ve ever seen, you can spend countless hours reading about ES lore both in game and on the internet.
Background Pony #34FA
@Darth Prime
I’ve only read the early volumes of the manga but from what I know, yeah it fits the bill. It’s probably the deepest world in anime and manga.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Why does the rest of the Star Wars galaxy just forget about the Jedi/Sith war in General?
Like haven’t their force wars caused many genocides and general destruction over the millenniums?
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Darth Prime
Other important facts include the echonet not being nearly as big and comprehensive as the internet, and the sith have spent a long long time letting their memory fade from the galaxy, also even when the two are at their heights they measure their numbers in the tens of thousands, in a galaxy with planets that have populations in the tens of billions, and that there are thousands of planets, less then 0.1% of the population has likely ever seen a jedi in person, let alone seen them actually use the force in a way that is clearly supernatural,
Background Pony #34FA
The only Star Wars related things I’m familiar with actually are the original trilogy and Knights of the Old Republic.
Background Pony #34FA
Are the Star Wars prequels and sequels actually worth checking out or are they hogwash?
I do enjoy the original trilogy, but I don’t know if I care to go beyond that and some of the video games because half of the Star Wars fandom says they are garbage anyway.
I’ve heard some of the extended universe stuff is quite good though even if a lot of it isn’t considered canon anymore as far as my knowledge goes.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
@Background Pony #34FA
I think both the sequels and prequels are fun watches. Not as good as the original trilogy, but not as bad people say they are.
I’d say watch the movies in chronological order, and throw in Rogue One while you’re at it between episodes III and IV.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide