The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
new sonic villain(?) just dropped.
SMOL
not gonna lie i wanna give her head pats, orange slices and milk box.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Everyone, what’s your take on the A Wrinkle in Time series? I read the first four books as a kid and I loved them and found them to be fascinating, trippy sci-fi/fantasy, but then as an adult I realized just how Christianity-focused a lot of them were, so I’m wondering what you guys think.
(I’m putting this here because I don’t know if we have a literature thread. But also, because the first book was technically made into a movie twice although both movies were shite)
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
And the released first 3 episodes of RWBY Ice Queendom done.
It’s okay. It speedruns through the RWBY’s first volume, but since it cuts out a lot of the clutter (the Jaune bullying arc is excised altogether, for example) it actually tells a fairly more coherent story than the original.
Interestingly it’s Weiss that’s more or less the lead now. I mean the name was a bit of a tipoff but yeah.
As an aside, Penny’s introduction is definitely better. You never really got any feeling of “off” with her in the original because hey, everyone moves like they’re robots. But now that there’s actual animation this time her stiffness actually stands out. But they cut her big series finale fight scene, so kind a big trade off.
The story is clearly going in a new direction at this point so I’m kinda curious how the remaining 8 episodes will pan out when they drop.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Dustcan
I’ve seen some clips of it. The opening fight animation looked pretty good but it does have the anime face stiffness when characters are standing and talking.
Also there’s less comedic scenes AND they cut out the fight at the docks ;.;
Is Weiss the most popular in Japan by any chance? Hence the name and all. :o
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Did the Covenant ever have a proper Shotgun-Type Plasma Weapon?
Yeah, I get that High Tech Swords and Hammers fill the role of close range brawlers for Lizard men and Gorilla dudes but imagine a horde of Grunts with Near to Mid Range Covie Shotguns, that can melt through your armor fast if they manage to get some good shots in, rushing you in the same vein as suicide bombers would.

And yes, I remember that this thing existed but…
The Brute Mauler fired Bolts, not Plasma.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide