The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
So apparently, there has been tons of names floating around regarding new Marvel Cinematic Universe hires and they’re expected to be announced at D23 next week.
Rumored names include Denzel Washington (an eye-opener for sure), John Boyega, John Krasinski (kind of a given), Giancarlo Esposito (he had noted a while ago he had been talking to them about a role), Jodie Comer, Daisy Edgar-Jones and Henry Cavill.
The implications of Cavill’s possible hiring are the most far-reaching. WB under Zaslav has been trying to get him to come back to the DCEU for that long-shelved Man of Steel sequel, and a defection of one of the DCEU’s current main players would suggest Cavill has little interest in reprising his role as Superman. I can’t imagine the Snyder bots will take such a defection well, either.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
SO the VFX team for the Spider-Man Lotus fanfilm quit the project yesterday.
Not just a handful of people. Like legit, the whole team of special effects artists ended up quitting due to how much of an ass the person behind this film was being to them.
I saw the VFX they done too. It’s a shame, they got movie level quality on a (compared to major blockbusters) cheap budget. Shame this project will probably never be finished.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@SleepySteve
The BTS details already came out a few months ago, but TLDR the director of the project (along with the actors for Spider-Man and Green Goblin) were discovered to be racist and treated a lot of the people involved in the project very poorly, along with forcing in crunch time for their VFX crew.
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

As a big Snyder fan myself, I feel so disappointed seeing what a good chunk of the fandom has turned into. I would love to see his Justice League sequels, but it’s clear that’s not going to happen. Plus Snyder is happy and successful over at Netflix now. Looking forward to Rebel Moon.
Background Pony #A6D1
I would love to see Cavill in the MCU. The rivalry thing between two comic book companies is stupid anyway and actors can be in both if they have the chance.
I’d laugh pretty hard if they hired him and cast him as Hyperion.
Phantom Rider
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You are already booped.
Meanwhile, Tobey Maguire should be the Black Spider at DC. I wouldn’t mind seeing him as a recurring villain of someone, a tough opponent due to his acrobatics and tools… basically, like Young Justice, lean alllll the way into his being basically evil Spider-Man. He runs circles around you, he talks circles around you… however, he ends up being quite different from Tobey’s actual Spidey because of the quips find in pretty much every Spidey work except Tobey’s movies.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Spidey10
I don’t even have a problem with Snyder. I don’t love his stuff but I can see why people like them. But his fans like to act like his directing is the be all and end all and act as if other directors don’t exist. It becomes more like god worshipping than being a fan. It’s really annoying.
@Background Pony #A6D1
@Phantom Rider
Both are great ideas and I would love to see them become real, especially since Josh Keaton, the voice actor for Spectacular Spider-man, is Black Spider in Young Justice.
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Spidey10
I don’t even have a problem with Snyder. I don’t love his stuff but I can see why people like them. But his fans like to act like his directing is the be all and end all and act as if other directors don’t exist. It becomes more like god worshipping than being a fan. It’s really annoying.
@Background Pony #A6D1
@Phantom Rider
Both are great ideas and I would love to see them become real, especially since Josh Keaton, the voice actor for Spectacular Spider-man, is Black Spider in Young Justice.
Two of the biggest filmmakers they seem to go after are James Gunn and Matt Reeves. It’s sad. Just like Snyder with his cut of Justice League, Gunn and Reeves got near complete creative control over The Suicide Squad and The Batman and yet those fans act like that’s a bad thing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide