The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
i like to think the choas shadow raises are the ones from choa race arc from the comics. they are canon now after all.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Running a stress test on my Laptop and after two minutes it’s hovering at a SIZZLING, HEARTBURN INDUCING 96-98 degrees Celcius and I let it run for 20 min for WHAT exactly?
For a nice, and calm 36 dB fan noise. Das right. My laptop fan curve is set so that it maxes out at a cute 3200 rpm for that nize breezy quiter-than-a-whisper noise level. Having a “not screaming” gaming laptop with decent 1080p performance is actually freaking nice. Never dipping below 60fps on Divinity Original Sin 2 when the laptop fan is not at all audible over the game audio is an experience I haven’t had before. Put a Vsync on it and I’m happy.
Temp wise? when Stress Testing or running something very intensive I basically boil water with it.
But when actually gaming? for two hours? A respectable high 70s to low 80s on BOTH the CPU and GPU. All that with a fan running quiet.
How I managed that? aggressive CPU undervolting and general nerfing, and GPU undervolting too, sure.
Since I’m not an fps-chaser I’m good with this “casual framerate with casual graphical fidelity settings on casual full HD resolution on popular games, with acceptable noise level in public” balance.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
It still amazes me how a completely fictional poem in Ancient China (around four hundred AD) with the author unknown is now a Disney animated movie with a live action remake on the big screen. I wonder how Mulan was ever heard of by the director.
Also in the original poem, Mulan’s real identity was only revealed after the whole war was over and she returned home. That’s where the poem ends. What happened to Mulan afterward, well, remember in the movie where they’re about to execute Mulan…?
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Yet another “premodern female combatant disguised as a male” legend comes from the islamic lore. Her name is Khawla.
So the story starts with a character named Derar.
Derar is a high ranked warrior of the rashidun caliphate. He has a sister called Khawla. Derar grew up with Khawla and unlike most brothers with a sister, Derar would teach her combat skills, archery, horse riding and martial art and would train with her. Khawla despite her skills is ofc not a combatant as women were discouraged from front line combat (The usual stuff, as per every one of these stories. Gotta make yer heroine unique, right?)
But she’s always active in the field, mostly as supply runner and medic. So she’s not unfamiliar with the battlefied.
One day during a skirmish Derar was defeated and captured. Upon hearing the news she got hysterical and decided to steal some armor, covered her face and wrap a green shawl around her waist. Then grabbed a horse, a spear and took off. When she arrived in battle she would just tear through baddies. There were some reports of her in action.
A historian wrote: “In a battle that took place in Beit Lahia, Khalid saw a rider dressed in black with a large shawl wrapped around his bust to his waist. That rider crossed enemy ranks like an arrow. Khalid and the others followed him and joined the battle, Khalid himself wondering the identity of this mysterious rider.”
A report says: “He fights like Khalid but I’m sure that’s not him”
Another eyewitness report by Rafe’ described it as such: “The rider would disperse the enemies and then disappear into their midst, then showed up with blood on his spear, swerve back into the crowd and come back out again, repeating the action without fear, several times.”
The army was worried for her safety. Rafe also thought this person might have been Khalid, but when Khalid pulled up bringing several men with him, Rafe asked Khalid “Anybody know who’s down there? By GOD that man fights with zero regards to his safety!”
So Khalid led his boys to help this suicidal solo menace and thanks to Khalid’s back up, Khawla managed to not die. Khawla wanted to immediately leave but Khalid stopped her and asked “who are you”. Khawla didn’t answer. “Khalid just asked you a question. You better answer.” says Rafe’. They were not letting her go.
Seeing there’s not way out without answering, she finally spoke and said “I couldn’t answer because I’m shy. I’m just a woman with a broken heart and you’re a great warrior”
Errbody shook. Dude’s a lady. Part 1
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

So. I’ve made sure I dont get power limit throttled and thermal throttled in my CPU.
I also have my GPU able to not ever hit 85c. Matter fact hovering over 76c almost all the time playing Divinity Original Sin 2.
So I’m sure I DON’T get thermal throttled. Which means I was throttled by Power limit. Now I just have to figure out how to NOT hit that 80W limit, at all times.
Edit: I did it. I managed to hit a max of 79.25W after 3o min of benchmarking. Never hit a power limit throttle.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I’ve been having quite a few problems with my faithful old laptop, I’m convinced they’re all related to its battery, which has burst open the bottom of the device.
It’s five years old, I’d rather replace the battery than buy a new one.
And I’m not sure if I want a laptop, maybe a desktop would get me more ‘power’ for my various games.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide