The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@icicle wicicle 1517
That’s actually pretty nice, protecting Kirsten Dunst’s vocal cord.
@Background Pony #02EE
It’s okay for a female character to be like that, but Mary Jane is not that kind of character. She is a not just a damsel in distress. She is that positive part of Peter’s life when he needed her the most and she does everything in her power to help him despite not having power. Yes, she is allowed to make mistakes and be scared but that’s all she does. And honestly, with how many men she switches around, does she even love anyone? It’s like if you make Rainbow Dash a damsel in distress and put her in a middle of multiple love triangles. It’s just not the character to do that with. I mean doing that with Lois Lane makes a lot of sense but just not really with Mary Jane. The worst part is that kind of ruined Mary Jane’s image from the comic. Everyone would just associate her with Lois Lane, Vicki Vale, or Princess Peach. And just like those characters, Mary Jane also evolves from being a simple love interest and damsel in distress to a character of her own that is engaging and likeable. Female characters deserve more than being rescued all the time.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Man, I hope so. Maybe the movie would be really scary.
@Angrybrony
Eh, kind of normal with superheroes. It’s like Batman and Catwoman never being able to be an item. It’s that “hero life is too dangerous for romance” cliche.
Posted Report
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
If Peter remains married to MJ, who else is gonna be Spider-Man if there are no AUs where Peter didn’t end up with her or when he is a teenager again?
And I mean IF BIG IF. Because I know there’s a Spider-Verse and all, but sometimes Spiderverse in comics can be aligned to one ongoing storyline instead of making separate storylines from each other.
Posted Report
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Honestly I never care about romantic stuff in superhero media. I like to see, well, the superhero stuff.
I mostly agree. Although one exception IMO is in the Amazing Spider-Man films with Peter and Gwen.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Spidey10
I knew someone would bring that up because they have actual chemistry, but speaking of which, there is another reason I don’t really care for romance in superhero media.
…You know one of them is gonna die anyway.
Posted Report
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Commune
As someone who’s only a fan of Beast Wars in the Transformers franchise, I’ll say I don’t care because I’ve already seen the trailer and it looks bad.
I keep getting my hopes up when there’s some new Beast Wars thing and each time I’m disappointed.
Beast Machines: The characters pretty much get rebooted personalities and memories. The animation improves in some areas from BW, but gets worse in others. The tone is too dour most of the time. There’s a few neat ideas, some new characters I like and a few cool moments, but overall BM didn’t feel like a real sequel.
The anime “sequels”: Meh. If you like G1, these are cool. Not much character stuff or personal struggle like Beast Wars, but it’s got cool animation and robots transforming and stuff. Optimus Primal pops in the movie for a few minutes.
The comics, The Gathering and the other one I can’t remember the name of because it sucked too: These introduced previously anime or toy exclusive characters into Beast Wars, or rather, had them exist parallel to Beast Wars. They never interact with the BW characters because of time travel shenanigans. The characters are bland and uninteresting. The anime characters have little in common with their counterparts, I don’t think the writers were aware or cared that they had established personalities. Watching the anime just made me more confused.
Kingdom cartoon: Voices are bland, animation is nearly non existent, the BW characters get cool updated looks just to stand around and whisper talk about nothing.
The new comics: What if the exact same stuff happened but everyone was different? I don’t care for the idea of a reboot for BW. Maybe it gets better later on, but I just don’t have a connection to these versions of the characters. I’m not a fan of the art style. It’s not bad, but I would’ve preferred something more like the old comics.
The new Bayverse movie: It looks like every other Bayverse movie. It doesn’t follow BW because it needs the G1 characters and the stupid humans in it. The BW characters aren’t realized in modern cgi very well. Kingdom at least kept their designs faithful.
Posted Report
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
Because I know there’s a Spider-Verse and all, but sometimes Spiderverse in comics can be aligned to one ongoing storyline instead of making separate storylines from each other.
don’t you get?
Without if, everyone will act as if I don’t know when I really do.
I do know about Miles, and the Spider-Verse, yes I said it again because you didn’t get the part of the two letters, I and F!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide