The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I finally got around to watching Joker. It was amazing as I expected it to be. I really felt sorry for Gary, the little person in the movie. He was the only one who didn’t do anything questionable. It really felt like he was a nice guy caught in an awful situation.
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl

So many orphans~Alastor
@Commune  
Except if you know the lore of batman Joker has put out multiple different stories about his past. The movie is just a different interpretation/take on how he may have originated.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Ony Joker i know of that actually has a 100% concreate origin story is Jerome Valeska from Gotham, and even then he’s technically NOT the Joker because of some weird copyright thing.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@RadioDemon  
Did you click on the link cause it has nothing to do with that and more that’s Todd Philips copied Scorsese’s movies without understanding what made them so good to begin with(although yes it is still inspired by Comic stories, although it very much conflicted with his inspiration from Scorsese)  
I mean I still like Joker but like I said before, it is very much like a edgy teenager who wants to say something but don’t know what to say. Ironically, it’s way more “we live in a society” than we thought
Commune
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@Scrabbleman  
Because it’s Joker’s most obvious inspiration point  
Phillips said it himself that Joker was both inspired by the comics, King of Comedy and Taxi Driver(both Scorsese films)  
All I’m saying is that if you draw inspiration from some place, at least bother to make as good as possible as to your inspiration

Also he was right about superhero movies
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Commune  
Oh please, that’s not a good enough reason to criticize something. If it was, we’d be criticizing everything because to be fair, everything is inspired out of something.

The most important part of making a story is if it tells it well regardless of whatever inspiration it came from. A viewer doesn’t need any background knowledge to understand, and the films should be clear about whatever information or style it provides. Seriously, saying Joker is bad because it’s not like Scorsese films is like saying every modern fantasy story made is bad because it’s nothing like Lord of the Rings.
Commune

🚙
@Scrabbleman  
Did you not read what I said  
I literally said Joker is an INFERIOR copy. I wasn’t critiquing it for being a copy but for being a BAD ONE  
It’s like how Hbomberguy attacked the Killing Joke animated adaption for being a bad adaptation, not that it was an adaption  
Although for the record, Joker was pretty shameless in its copy pasting, almost Star Wars level in that regard

read before you type
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Scrabbleman  
Commune keeps bringing him up because of his ‘Marvel movies aren’t cinema’ comments which he agrees with and it makes people who disagree with that opinion mad.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide