The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Marx  
All because Discovery sucked and alot Trek stuff they doing around it are shitty too. Picard have chance to be better already in many aspects but in many it can still be as bad as Disco
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
I’ll be honest, until the Borg showed up I was about willing to stop watching Voyager and move straight on to Deep Space Nine. But when they introduced Seven, I found her so compelling and interesting as a character that I kept watching. And I’m not just saying that because she was a hottie.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@TheHappySpaceman  
Yeah, Someday ST will figure out that unique interesting characters can carry the shows, and not shove a generic ass earth born human in as the center character, though Micheal may have set that back a bit do to over exposure,
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
Discovery honestly messed things up for Star Trek a lot. As another example, Deep Space Nine and Voyager had a, interesting and widely diverse cast of characters, both in terms of race, gender, and species; meanwhile, from what I’ve seen Discovery has one non-human in the entire main cast, taking a major step back in that regard.
Thanotos Omega

@TheHappySpaceman  
yeah, it always bugs me we don’t see a even remotely balanced crew on ships of even personnel over all in star fleet, especially on the flag ships, and in truth stuff like that bugs me in fiction in general, one thing i learned from years of it is, adding a species to act as a general purpose stand in for minorities makes rep harder not easier,
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Thanotos Omega  
Used to be that could be excused as some limitation of prosthetics or technology or budget but those excuses don’t apply too much these days and even putting that aside just draw some dots on a guy’s forehead and call him an alien maybe give him a weird quirk like he can tasted things in the air or whatever.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
Deep Space Nine was super cool because it did actually have that diversity in the main crew. Of the seven main members of the crew, there was a Bajoran, a Changeling, a Trill, a Klingon, and only three humans–and one of them was genetically enhanced a la Khan. In addition, there was Garak, a Cardassian, and the Ferengi family that both featured as prominent characters.

In Voyager, of the eight (later nine) main characters, only four of them were human. There was also a Vulcan, a human-Klingon hybrid, a hologram, a Borg woman, and whatever Kes and Neelix were.

Ever since then, the shows seem to have taken a step back in that aspect. In fact, one of the few things I can credit the upcoming Star Trek: Lower Decks for is that it does seem to have more than just humans on its crew, though not many more.

@Phantom Rider  
Hell yeah! *high five*

@Darth Prime  
Exactly, yeah. They have no excuse other than being uncreative writers.
Thanotos Omega

Darksiders 3 has to be one of the most improved games in some ways in the history of game franchises, Fury went from generic girl who looked like this

full

To the best written and most developed and deep of the Horseman who looks like this

full

Here is Lilith in the second game,

full

And here is Lust in the third

full

We went from 2 boring barely developed final bosses we knew barely anything about until we fought them, to having the main villain secretly with us the entire game,
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Darth Prime  
That’s another thing that bugs me: Recent Trek has become far more action-centric than it has in the past. In the original series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and most of the TOS and TNG movies, it was all more focused on philosophical debate, but recently it’s been more about fast-paced action.

It feels like the current runners of Star Trek don’t want to write Star Trek, or maybe just don’t know how to.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
Skyrim’s skill system means that you can’t remain the same character throughout the entire game  
If you want to play one handed the whole game, good luck because you can’t level up from using one handed weapons anymore!  
Fun
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@TheHappySpaceman  
That’s because philosophical debates in the form of space conflicts are a niche group. It won’t sell as much. Hell, I wouldn’t watch it myself if it’s just people talking to one another! It’s the reason why I dislike GoT!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide