The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Background Pony #8E07
@Angrybrony  
not being mean or anything but I notice unless it’s breaking news it takes awhile for this thread to catch up I mean this costume has been known for weeks now & is just now being brought up
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I have this idea for a potential light novel/manga series. I want to run it by you guys.

It’s called Janeane the friendly spider.

The plot is this: a 15 year old boy named Bobby Stevenson discovers a hidden passageway in the back of his school. There, he encounters something he was least expecting: a giant spider girl.

Despite her appearance, the spider is very cordial. She’s nice, friendly, and very polite. She also has a British accent.

Unfortunately, word gets out that a giant spider girl exists and the town wants to burn it at the stake. “Her kind isn’t allowed here.”

Bobby, meanwhile, lives with his two adopted parents named Butch Groening and Maxwell Hartman. They are two of very few people who are supportive of Janeane, for they too know what it’s like to be an outcast.

Will Bobby and his two dads be able to convince the town Janeane is harmless, or will the town kick Janeane out? Also, is Janeane the only monster girl? Or are there more lurking about yet to be discovered?

Other characters would include Bobby’s friend Derrick, who suffers from anxiety, and the school librarian Al Gory. At one point, Bobby asks him “Al Gory, huh? What, is your middle initial E?” Al responds by saying “Actually, my middle name is Robert.”
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Apparently people are sending death threats to the author of We Can’t Study because their girl didn’t win. Why are people just the worst?
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

it still bugs me that of all the characters to race lift castlevania chose the probably most overtly evil duche outside of Walter in the franchise, even Shaft had more going on than Issac,
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

a giant spider girl.
OR we can entirely skip the LN / VN / Manga / Anime and go straight to the ero-doujin. I’m pretty darn sure a lotta competent artists are willing to jump on the opportunity to draw a cute monster girl.

I personally don’t like the “paranoid overly strict and perhaps even very religious community trying to burn anything and everything that they don’t comprehend” drama, because I for some reason get absolutely offended by it, like maybe the author is looking at ME, with judging eyes.

Maybe_ have the story to be less of a drama and more of a slice of life with Kumo-chan being helpful and welcomed by the community. Instead of having ppl trying to burn her on a stake, the religious community treats her like they should a guest; with courtesy and politeness, and also they’re eager to show her around and teach her their culture (aggresively, I might add). THAT sounds much more like a proper religious community.

Sorry, I just really dislike the “super racists burn everything this is my country, either my way or DEATH” kind of story. Irks the crap out of me.

If you want SOME drama you can play with the “spider-wife eats own husband” trope and have that be stewing at the back burner, which means as MC and Spider Wife closing in on being a couple, that threat of being eaten becomes more an more of an issue.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@tehwatever  
I too prefer somewhat justified racism over some nebulous religion-based prejudice.

“Look we don’t want to hate you because you’re different, we just really hate getting caught in webs and eaten.”  
“I don’t hear your pets complaining.”
Phantom Rider

You are already booped.
@Penguin Dragneel  
“Everyone’s getting tired of us being the Teen Titans Go network, what do we do?” “I know, we dress the next batch of TTG episodes up as Thundercats!” “Brilliant!”

Though, it’s harder to complain than it is with TMNT and Ben 10, where existing popular versions were unceremoniously canned to make way for TTG in their clothing. The kind of show you’d expect a modern Thundercats relaunch to be came about 10 years ago and didn’t get a second season.

(This trend, incidentally, is why I’ve got pretty much zero hope for MLP G5. FIM had a very long run, but it was still quite popular when they said “ax this and reboot it immediately!” and in the past, there’s only been one reason for that: “this show is not TTG or a clone of TTG; fix that immediately.”)
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Penguin Dragneel  
I only watched the first episode.It’s far from the worst thing ever,though I would say it’s the worst part of the Thundercats franchise.The first episode was okay,until the second half when the only joke is Lion-o being stupid.The voicework is really good at least.If we get a real Thundercats cartoon out of this I’d like for them to be used.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I’m not the biggest Funko Pop fan, but I couldn’t help myself

full

I wanted to get Rayla but Barnes and Noble didn’t have her. They had two Callums and two Ezrans. They told me they’ll have two Raylas in stock next week. They ordered some but they haven’t come yet.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
We have new The Dragon Prince books coming out later this year!

full

Callum’s Spellbook - March 3rd, 2020  
A lighthearted, in-world notebook in which Callum documents, through entries and drawings, all the things he encounters and learns on his journey to Xadia, including stats on elves and dragons, places visited in Katolis and Xadia, and runes and spells.

The Dragon Prince Book One: Moon - June 2, 2020  
This is a complete novelization of the first season of the show, and will elaborate on the events in the season, with deeper characterizations and expanded plotlines.

Through the Moon - September 15, 2020  
An original graphic novel with a new canon story set between seasons three and four.  
The Dragon Prince has been reunited with his mother, the Human Kingdoms and Xadia are at peace, and humans and elves alike appear ready to move on. Only Rayla is still restless. Unable to believe Lord Viren is truly dead, and haunted by questions about the fate of her parents and Runaan, she remains trapped between hope and fear.  
When an ancient ritual calls her, Callum, and Ezran to the Moon Nexus, she learns the lake is a portal to a world between life and death. Rayla seizes the opportunity for closure and the chance to confirm that Lord Viren is gone for good.  
But the portal is unstable, and the ancient Moonshadow elves who destroyed it never intended for it to be reopened. Will Rayla’s quest to uncover the secrets of the dead put her living friends in mortal danger?
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
What are your thoughts on Bob Iger stepping down as Disney CEO? What are your thoughts on him compared to, say, Michael Eisner? I’ve heard many people say Bob Iger was the best CEO Disney had since Walt Disney himself.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide