The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@pixel  
BCS spoiler: I also think it’s because she doesn’t want Jimmy to lie to her anymore, because it makes her feel betrayed, as well as that she secretly enjoys these schemes
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
So apparently Don Bluth’s dragon’s lair movie is going to be made.  
With Ryan Reynolds as producer and star and in live action and apparently the crowd funding he did was just for the pitch.  
I definitely know being live action is really going to piss people off and I may be a little disappointed I didn’t back campaign just for 2D animation I backed it for a dragon’s lair movie
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Huh, a shame it’s not going to be animated, and I really love Don Bluth’s art/animation style, so it’s a shame we won’t see it one more time… (And Bluth is getting pretty old now, and 2D animation is sadly ignored in cinema in recent times…)

Still, Ryan Reynolds might actually suit the character, as Dirk the Daring is kinda goofy. Plus the Sonic the Hedgehog movie was a hit, so it could still be enjoyable.
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I don’t think it would have been Netflix’s idea to make it live action as they treated klaus pretty well they were even able to get it nominated for an Oscar. Also Reynolds is pretty well known for gorilla style marketing so people definitely will know with a movie exists
northern haste
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
I do hope they released the pitched publicly especially if that really was what we were paying for. I have seen it but it’s currently locked on a VIP system and mine expired and I’m not renewing just for that
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony  
She has a point.

@northern haste  
Maybe it’ll be a home release extra. I’d love to see it.

Though, unfortunately most pitches, and such are rarely released to the public.

@northern haste  
Yeah, can’t really point fingers. I hope people don’t attack Don Bluth over it, as honestly if it was all up to him, I’m sure it’d be 2D animated, and reminiscent of his ‘80s films.

Doesn’t help that supposedly 2D animation on the level of an old Don Bluth film, or Disney’s “Princess and the Frog,” would be way more expensive, and require more work then a CGI or live-action movie.  
Seeing as with 2D, you constantly have redraw a character from every angle, or slightest movement, while in 3D, all you need to do is move their 3D model around, and it can be viewed by any angle without having to remake it as much.  
(Though, CGI/3D is still alot of hard work too, don’t get me wrong.)
northern haste
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
Actually tangled cost more that the princess and the frog.  
rebeltaxi just posted a video about this and according to him they’ve been negotiating for a year and they all settled on live action. And apparently while Reynolds is helping with producing it they haven’t confirmed if he’s actually in it. He is also pretty fair to the movie are getting never pulling the remember this movie card also like you saying that Reynolds would probably fit the Goofy character that’s the pitch was going for
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

It is not an error that the Autobots can freeze in the Arctic but not in space. The idea that being in space will immediately freeze you up like a popsicle is a lie perpetuated by bad science fiction.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
So apparently Don Bluth’s dragon’s lair movie is going to be made.
With Ryan Reynolds as producer and star and in live action and apparently the crowd funding he did was just for the pitch.
I definitely know being live action is really going to piss people off and I may be a little disappointed I didn’t back campaign just for 2D animation I backed it for a dragon’s lair movie

God dammnit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide