The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@tehwatever

I’ve been thinking about that a little bit. Very limited I could imagine the use of a Deepfake technology for movies and series in the next few years. At least until someone actually comes up with the idea of building Android actors. Well, if it’s up to me, I’d want more virtual idols, vocailods and digital friends in the West. The East is really a little ahead of us, I think. ;-D
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Do anthro/humanoid bugs count as furry?

Like these two ants, (which come from a Christian Cartoon of all places lol).

Right one is a female while the left is male.

full

And no, there is no r34 of them, (believe me I checked).

YET.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@DarkObsidian  
Oh, I’m just thinking about DeepFake movies mostly to cut the budget for the actors or at least share the talents across multiple actors. Maybe an actor looks good but he can’t do stunt–DEEPFAKE the actor’s face onto the stuntman. No longer do you need to do seventy cuts to in two seconds just to hide the fact that the actor can’t do stunts.

Maybe the actor can’t make it to the set. Maybe he prefers to be closer to his family and friends rather than be across the world? Get a team close to his house to setup a facial capture session, DEEPFAKE it onto the body double or the mocap actor!

In fact, you might even be able to hire a bargain-lookalikes or an impressionist, and just pay royalty for some actor’s likeness. Have you seen the video where a guy DeepFakes like, twenty faces on one impressionist, and they all look believable enough to pass on screen?
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@tehwatever

I have already seen and read some videos and articles in professional journals about DeepFake technologies, because it looks to me like an interesting future technology in the fields of data protection, mathematics and art. I think I also know what special video you mean. But I’m not exactly sure at the moment.

Well, DeepFake will certainly change the future of image, stunt scences and media design. Whether people sell their faces and bodies or not, the risk of identity theft is more dangerous in this respect. But if everything is in the limits of legality, you could not only, as you said, grant actors certain freedom (family, breaks, recovery in case of illness without the production suffers from it), but you could also punish diva-like behavior. Here I think of the movie Babylon A.D. Although initially promising and based on a relative good book (Babylon Babies), the movie became an absolute catastrophe due to the dispute between Mathieu Kassovitz and star actor Vin Diesel.

I don’t want to blame either of them for the disaster, but the fact that Vin Diesel often came to filming locations much too late, which had to be rented or reserved under very complicated conditions, increased the cost of the movie to such an extent that Kassovitz even suffered a nervous breakdown. In the end, no one was helped.

What I want to say is that with DeepFake technology you would have a kind of trump card in the back - which, however, also has to be played carefully in order not to scare off your own actors or the audience. ;-)
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@DarkObsidian  
Yeah ofc. When deepfakes become mainstream, becomes less of a meme-generator and is actually used in identity theft or smear campaign or character assassination, then at that point there will be laws regulating deepfake usage.

otherwise, all being within legal limits, having access to deepfakes would provide solutions for delays and unexpected circumstances.

Oh btw this is the video.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Seeing the new mechanics in monster hunter makes me think of organic in-universe advancements in the field.

First it was grapple hooks/wrist bows, now it’s wire bugs that let you go nearly anywhere. Steadily adding verticality to the game.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Do anthro/humanoid bugs count as furry?
Like these two ants, (which come from a Christian Cartoon of all places lol).
Right one is a female while the left is male.
full
And no, there is no r34 of them, (believe me I checked).
YET.

Continuing the subject of this, why do so many old cartoons that commonly featured non-human but humanoid in shape characters always design them to be so…

Attractive?

And that’s not just the furry in me speaking, that side didn’t form until I was in high school because even as a little boy I found characters like these to be the kind of cute that made me blush from just looking at them.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
Why is it that most of the people hating on soundcloud/mumble rap on Reddit seem like the sort to unironiclly listen to anime and video game OSTs
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!

🚙
@icey wicey 1517  
Typically a lot of people on reddit don’t like mumble rap because they are discount hipsters

Due to that, they listen to the most predictable shit possible in their demographic I.e anime and video game soundtracks because listening to anything else would take effort. The exceptions are Eminem(even though his modern material fucking sucks) and Queen(because they heard Bohemian Rhapsody once)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide