The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@northern haste  
I’m super okay with the fight scene. Less twirling like the animated series and prequel, and more Ghost of Tsushima sword fighting. Appropriate for the series in general. I love melee combat in fiction and so far Mando has delivered.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman  
Not big on “Avatar,” but I know what you mean.

And yeah, Ralph did alot of good stuff.

@CaptainXtra  
Sadly, that stereotype has existed long before certain recent events.  
I always find it odd, especially ‘cause in my area, most cops are “Hispanic,” or darker skinned. (Though, I guess let’s not get into those issues here.)
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

One of my all time favoritest movie fight scene of last decade.

What I love:  
-small and agile vs big and strong, the choreo clearly displays that difference.  
-heavy atmostphere, dirty scrambles. More choreographed than MMA but less fake than WWE or Jackie Chan.  
-cameraman knows what he’s doing, the action is conveyed clearly. There is no 15 jump cuts per second close up bullshit.

Shower Thought:  
-fight would have ended much earlier if big guy secured the choke better.  
-Big guy was holding the choke standing up on his feet. If he had taken the small guy’s back, basically piggybacking on the small guy, it’d be a lot better as there is very little room to struggle, on top of the smaller guy carrying big guy’s weight.

-The choke wasnt fully sealed. Big guy did this  
full  
This is OK, but is easier to pry off. Literally you can just yank the choke apart with both hands if you’re strong enough, or at least fight it off while giving yourself some air. It’s NOT FUN, but there is a slim chance to escape.

-If the big guy had done the choke like THIS?  
full  
No escape.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@TheHappySpaceman  
the closest things i can think of are probably either that Castlevania show or maybe Seis Manos, as they are action shows with fixed and focused arcs with comedy and drama,

I personally liked Seis Manos but haven’t watched Castlevania,

full
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky  
I remember when MAD did try to go the kids’ magazine route with their spinoff, MAD Kids. It sucked a lot of the fun out of it by trying to sanitize it and also blend in with other kids’ magazines by having actual interviews with teen celebs and the like.
ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
MAD on Cartoon Network started September in 2010, it was around the same time that Regular Show premiered. It lasted three years and ended to make room for Steven Universe, I believe.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

Quake.

Serious Sam is played for laughs and is a trope filled goof-fest. Quake, while not overly serious, is more so than Sam. And is generally more difficult.

Now, that being said, on the secrets front Serious Sam is more hardcore. Some of the secrets and hidden items take absolutely ludicrous skill to get.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Background Pony #5331  
I notice that that’s the same case these days. A lot of people hate Hazbin Hotel because of all the raunchy language, but love Helluva Boss despite all the violence. I find it funny that a few sex jokes in one episode weird people out, but two episodes that end with child murder are okay.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide