The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@ichiban iceychan 1517

Spiderman is already the face of comic side of Marvel as well as the company as a whole. So it makes sense to also make him the leading drive of the movies.

They just have to let go of Tony first though.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan  
No i agree that Spider-Man is arguably the face of Marvel and it makes sense for him t be the “main” focus of the MCU from this point, i just find it dumb that the MCU is still having to dump everything Tony related on him first before they actually allow him to be himself with no Tony.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
World building is fun. I’m currently working on the lore of a forest “infected” by metal that has twisted and corrupted the trees into semi-mechanical abominations.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Angrybrony

Only if you fail to put interesting characters in to populate it.

Speaking of, all my characters have vaguely punny names and I love that fact.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Zincy  
I know Rian Johnson said world building or whatever wasn’t something he cares much about and now Netflix wants him to turn Knives Out into a trilogy so good luck with that.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Darth Prime

In a movie, one can be excused for skipping a lot of the world building if it’s a character focused affair. Plus, being visual, a lot of the world building can be done with good set design and art direction. That gets a little trickier when you do multiple movies in the same continuity, but not impossible.

Longform stories like books and TV series however have to have world building, at least to an extent.

It is possible to do too much world building, of course.

And then there’s the rather curious case of Douglas Adams, who turned world building into a sarcastic artform. Most people read Hitchhiker’s Guide not for the characters, but for Adam’s quips and descriptions of the events and world around them.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Penguin Dragneel

I gathered that from a quick Google search.

Their opinion on world building being absent from such results. So, I assume they went on some sort of famous rant against it to satisfy the voices in their head or something.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide