The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
They also had no idea what the holiday or even the elements of culture they were trying to portray was for, given their plans for the initial theme.
Background Pony #34FA
Depending on how you define “crude” you’d likely enjoy my works.
I’ve always had a slight annoyance toward works that read like Tolkien’s. I love LoTR and things associated with it, so that’s not a shot at him, but works since his. A lot of fantasy writers really took the “fancy high english” thing and ran with it. Focusing more on making their words sound pretty and high class, and showing off that they have access to a thesaurus.
I prefer my characters to talk like actual people, not failed thespians in a theater group.

Depends on how good I think you are at writing characters and stories.
Background Pony #34FA
I myself am a writer, but I think I kind of suck.

I’m just creating short stories at the moment, but I do plan to write a novel series sometime later this year possibly. If I’m being honest my novel probably will suck though.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Damn. Falcon and Winter Soldier’s last episode was spectacular. Disappointed it was only 6 episodes long, but man it was good.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@ichiban iceychan 1517  
The way the joke would work in animated form would be to change the comic artist into an animator.

“Actually a lot of times we just use two to three mouth patterns over and over to convey that the character is speaking. Sometimes we just don’t animate at all. It’s good for dramatic pauses and when stuff is just staying still.”

cut to the guy staying still without animation for ten seconds, only to have his mouth move in two or three patterns.

“Isn’t it kinda cheap?”

cut to the artist staying still without animation for ten seconds, only to have his mouth move in two or three patterns.

“Not really.”
Background Pony #68E5
@Dustcan  
From TV Tropes, the full inscription is this:

”Isaiah Bradley is an American hero whose name went unknown for too long.  
Isaiah was one of a dozen African-American soldiers who were recruited against their will and without their consent for participation in human testing in pursuit of the super soldier serum. Most did not survive. The few who lived through testing were sent on secret missions during the Korean War. During the conflict, against all odds, Isaiah Bradley rescued his fellow soldiers and 28 other POWs from behind enemy lines.  
However, fearful of the ramifications of a black super soldier, some individuals within the government tried to erase Isaiah’s story from history. His family was issued a falsified death certificate. And for decades, the truth of his unflinching bravery was buried.“
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The delineation between “hard” and “soft” scifi is not a very useful one. Especially when stuff like Trek is considered “hard”, or at the very least on the harder end.

It’s still a universe where telepathy exists, beings like Q weild space magic levels of power, and shit like the Pah Wraiths are running around.

You can explain away Q and the Wormhole Aliens with all the science talk you want, it’s still space magic. No different than explaining Jedi with mediclorians or Pskyers as having a connection to The Warp.

It’s all space magic in the end.
Background Pony #34FA
@Zincy  
I never see Star Trek cited as an example of hard sci-fi. In fact, that’s usually cited as an example of soft sci-fi.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
The one thing you can’t argue against about The Last Jedi is that the Heavy Bomber Ships were utterly stupid.

What the hell were the Resistance thinking using these atrocities?

full

Whatever happened to these perfectly functioning ships?

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide