The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@CaptainXtra  
Now to be fair the Y-Wing was old even by the time of the Rebellion.  
But the really reason is because the Y-Wings weren’t World War II enough.  
Which is fine if you want to make it feel like something from WWII Star Wars is no stranger that like Han and Luke in the Falcon’s turrets.  
The problem is the StarFortresses don’t exactly live up to their name since they get decimated so easily.  
And the reason for why they’re so pathetic is because they’re written that way cause it’s supposed to be a deconstructed of the Death Star battle which had heavy loses but everybody celebrates with a medal ceremony and they had to hit this one specific weak spot.  
Which is something I find funny that a year before TLJ released Rogue One came out to specifically explain the Death Star’s weak spot so I guess they need to do a whole movie to explain why the Dreadnought had its weak spot too now.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Darth Prime

TBF, the Death Star is a planet killer. The loss of, what, a couple dozen fighters is pretty morbidly acceptable in a fight the rebellion had planned for. Poe turned what was supposed to be a diversionary feint into an impromptu assault on what was frankly an overrated Star Destroyer, one that cost the Resistance pretty much their entire space force.

So yeah, the cost v benefit is out of sync there.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Dustcan  
Well consider also that Poe is so skilled a pilot and (what’s the primary problem here) how poorly designed the Dreadnought is that he clears all the turrets from the the ship (saying that if they weren’t cleared off the bombers would be wiped out but that happens anyway so what was the point?) the only thing that’s left that leaves that big hideous ship a threat is the big ass cannons on the underside really Poe could have just flown down under and destroyed that too the Dreadnought would have been rendered a huge ugly slab of metal by him alone.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
On the subject of Star Wars I ask this:

Were there any major Rebellion Organizations that weren’t part of The Greater Alliance or even hostile towards them?

As in groups that openly fought against the Empire but also refused to join up with the Main Rebel Alliance.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

The Kaminoins, some elements of the CIS, and of course the Hutts all fought the Empire in their own ways but never officially joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Why did the Empire have like 100’s of different Star Destroyer types?

They really should focus on the ones with the best Armor, Stealth, Jamming, and Speed.

What the fuck is with all these variations that only have 1 or 2 minor buffs or nerfs?

Was Palpatine bored and just had all these ships made for the shits and giggles?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@CaptainXtra

The Tarkin Doctrine, loosely.

Peace through fear, propagated by overwhelming fleet and ship size. It was all about force projection and showing the galaxy that the Empire was always evolving in their weapons technology.

It failed, because they ended up fighting an asymmetrical war against a highly mobile enemy that couldn’t easily be squashed with overwhelming firepower.

In the real world, North Korea kind of does the same thing. With those big military parades showing off hundreds of varieties of the same basic weapons. It looks impressive and innovative, until you actually analyze it.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@Zincy  
In Legends I can excuse the endless amounts of Star Destroyer variations being made due to the fact that the Emperor was preparing for the Yuuzhan Vong which actually worried him far more than the Rebels, at least until they blew up the Death Star…

In Canon it just seems odd…
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

FINALLY found it. Two of my favorite OST in Nichijou!

Atataka naru joushi no yuujou (crap how do I translate this…uhm…Ciaran help me!)

暖か成る女子の友情  
Warm become girl (possessive particle) friendship. The friendship of a girl who is turning / becoming warm or kind? A kind girl’s friendship?

Yorokobi to shiawase to (this I pretty much can translate because the structure is simple)  
喜びと幸せと  
Joy / gladness and happiness/ contentedness and stuff.

These two OSTs play during cute and wholesome and uplifting Nano shinonome scenes and they make me fall in love with the one year old teenage robot whose big toe comes off revealing a USB Type A slot. Also with the series in general.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide