The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan  
You said Wandavision teasing the multiverse with the X-Men movie version of Quicksilver but it not actually being him was a “dick move”. And this version of Quicksilver was actually just some random guy called “Bohner/Boner”.

ijust thought it was a funny coincidence X)
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@ichiban iceychan 1517

So it was a dick move.

Neat.

@northern haste

I mean yeah. But we knew they were going into multiverse shenanigans with the Doctor Strange sequel, the 2 Spiderman sequels, etc. So they had to of known what they were doing when they cast that actor as that character.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
As much as I love Next Gen and the OG Trek, DS9 is easily the superior Trek.

It’s a shame that Roddenberry would have hated the later seasons. He was dead set on Trek being “utopian”. But honestly Trek is at its worst when its stuck up it’s own ass with that utopian shit.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Zincy  
Gene was a massive hypocritical prick, his oppinions have no merit, the dumbass even vetoed an amazing story opportunity to show a kid trying to cope with his mother’s death via the holodeck because “humans don’t mourn anymore”
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Unpopular opinion, I legit like Lower Decks.

Is it highbrow humor? No. Does it make me laugh and smile. Yes.

That’s all I need really. I don’t need high art. I just need to smile and enjoy my time.
Background Pony #D00B
As much as I love Next Gen and the OG Trek, DS9 is easily the superior Trek.
It’s a shame that Roddenberry would have hated the later seasons. He was dead set on Trek being “utopian”. But honestly Trek is at its worst when its stuck up it’s own ass with that utopian shit.
Well I’d agree with Roddenberry on that point. I think one of the best things about Star Trek was the optimism it had for our future. The hope it had that advances in science and technology would create a world humanity could actually live up to the potential it has. You want war and hardship and people behaving in the future the same way people do in the present, there are plenty of other shows you can get that from. Star Trek shouldn’t be one of them.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Goku Black  
so then…if I enjoyed diversity, female lead, idiotic characters and horrible comedic timing, wouldn’t Hollywood also, don its job then?

because frankly that too, is all I need: smiling and enjoying my time.
northern haste
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@Dustcan  
And the casting have him that was the only thing in the show that made it look it was X man quicksilver.  
And with no way home it has not been confirmed that the other 2 spiderman actors are in it
Dex Stewart
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
full  
I found a Hawaiian Goranger book from the seventies! I did a Video about it.  
Imagine if back in the eighties,Saban had successfully brought over Bioman.  
full  
Or what if the Dynaman parody dub got popular? full  
It would be strange looking at this book and thinking,“Rangers? Boy that’s different,I’m used to ‘Man’”.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I really enjoyed the first episode of Jahy-sama. It was a good first impression, with enough wiggle room to grow. I found it interesting that in the first episode, we’re only introduced to three characters. That seems like a kinda low amount. Then again, the first episode or two of Nagatoro only had like two characters focused on, so I guess it’s not that strange.

But I guess what made the whole thing particularly weird is that it felt like some sequences were stretched out to fill for time. For instance, there’s a scene where Jahy fights the landlord over having to pay the rent. Normally, a scene like that would be 2 to 3 minutes. But it went on for like 5 minutes. It was still my favorite scene in the episode, but it felt like it could’ve been shorter.

I also didn’t think they did a good job of establishing the fact that Jahy’s boss and the landlord are sisters. They casually mention it, but don’t do a good job of firmly focusing on it.

But overall, the show has the potential to be really good. I find most shows struggle with their first outing and get really good later on. Hell, Spice and Wolf, one of my favorite animes of all time, had a pretty so so first episode. But by episode 3 or 4, it gets absolutely fantastic. This episode, meanwhile, was good by first episode standards. There was a lot to like about it. I also really like the characters we’ve been introduced to. It’s going to be really interesting when we see more characters added to the mix.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide