The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
I will personally vaccinate every American myself if it means that cinemas can open fully without any fear of the Coronavirus so that Dune will gross 1 billion dollars in the box office
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Looks like Games Workshop is getting way more than they bargained for. What started as just a handful of disgruntled fans has spread like wildlife. Almost every major Warhammer content creator has issued a statement/video/tweet about it. The largest Warhammer reddit is up in arms, and had to actually be locked temporarily. Angry fans are inundating GWs official boards and complaints box, and calls to boycott their new streaming service are growing.

This ain’t the early 90s, people don’t put up with this copyright bully bullshit anymore.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
First look at MCU’s Kamala Kahn!

full

At first glance I was pretty excited. But then I started to notice the details and now I’m worried.

Also Drax won’t be voiced by his actor from the movies during the What If? series.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@ichiban iceychan 1517

The lack of boots and the scarf not being 30 feet long displeases me, but is such a non-factor that it doesn’t matter.

The bracelets feels like a bit of a shame. The comics had a whole issue devoted to how important and how much sentimentality it had to her family, so seeing them turned into red cuffs is a shame but I guess is fine since some things might have to be changed/streamlined for the adaptation.

But it’s that energy field looking thing that worries me. She’s not wearing her Kree Stormranger armor so she shouldn’t be able to do that. I’m worried they’re changing her powerset to something more Captain Marvel and less Reed Richards, which itself carries the worry that they aren’t gonna make her an Inhuman.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Dustcan  
Jeez,I’m surprised it took this long. Isn’t she a pretty popular character?  
I liked her,I’m hoping she gets a few good flicks. Now where is the Squirrel Girl movie,already?!
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan  
Ah ok, yeah her having that weird crystal fist thing instead f stretching powers is a note of concern.

Though it would be weird if she is NOT an Inhuman. Like Marvel spent a good chunk of years (both in the MCU and in general) trying to shill the Inhumans as much as possible and trying to make then the “new” X-Men by phasing anything X-Men related out (if i remember right the Kamala Khan show/movie was being discussed around the same time as the Inhumans hype train)…

then the actual Inhumans TV show became the first legit bomb of the MCU and then Marvel quickly knocked the Inhumans back down again and tried to put the whole Inhumans hype under the rug and pretend it never happened.  
But even with that, the Inhumans as a whole are stil canon t the MCU
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Dex Stewart

She’s very popular among the comic book crowd, yeah. But look no further than Iron Man to see how popularity between nerd niche-dom and mainstream casuals isn’t a 1:1 transfer.

That, and “billionaire playboy philanthropist” in power armor is much easier sell than a brown Muslim with stretchy powers.

@ichiban iceychan 1517

Yeah.

I mean, now that Marvel is done giving mutants the redheaded stepchild treatment because they finally got the movie rights back I guess it’s a harmless change to make her a mutant too in order to explain her power.

But they might not even be doing that. Don’t know if they’ll keep the Inhuman origin (thereby taking the one universally loved thing about them) or even keep her own powers.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Dustcan  
If marvel can make Guardians and freaking Thanos mainstreamly popular,a character like her should be no problem. Loki too. I had to do a report on a mythological god once,I chose Loki. No one knew who the Marvel incarnation was. Well,one other comic nerd.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Venom as a comedy. That’s something I would never had considered. Though I guess it’s better than another bland one.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
Hosting a man-eating shape-shifting superpowered organism with a chocolate addiction while tryna sort out yer life can be a basis for comedy, really.

Doesnt help that Tom Hardy in the first movie basically thought he was in a comedy and nobody bothered to tell him otherwise.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
I mean,Venom calls himself a loser. What was he supposed to think? You know,the Raimi Spider-Man movies aren’t really thought of as comedies,but my grandpa sure finds the first one hilarious.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
So do I. I also thought the 2nd one was funny in many parts. The 3rd was also hilarious and meme-worthy.

Raimi directed the gut-busting funny original Evil Dead series. Whaddya expect?
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
Evil Dead was intentionally funny,Spiderman feels so bad it’s funny. I guess because I grew up used to the 90’s cartoon and comics,I expect the humor of Spiderman to come from his cheesy quips,not awkward acting and Willem Dafoe’s overacting. It wasn’t what I wanted from a live action Spiderman,which is why I liked that the second movie took itself a bit more seriously.  
My opinions are unpopular with superhero movies.  
I also didn’t like Tobey Maguire’s voice.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dex Stewart  
I guess is because of expectations vs what you get.

I for example never had non-movie superhero / comic experience until the movies adaptations.

Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Spawn, THE MASK, X-Men and literally the entire MCU.

Since I had zero reference, I just figured to take the movie at face value.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide