The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy

Yeah it’s a running gag that he loves American customs and food but hates Japanese. Several gags have him reflexively love or hate something only to have its origins explained.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dustcan  
He his Mom and Suzie Q moved there in the ending montage, probably because that way Lisa Lisa could live openly again since she wasn’t wanted for murder there,

@Dustcan  
Based entirely on the fact that that’s the country the man his daughter married lived in,
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
The first three episodes of the Stardust Crusaders were dubbed about a year before the original series as sort of a test to see the audience reaction.

Unlike the first series’ dub, it didn’t have accents, so when the rest of the season was dubbed in 2017 for Toonami, they stayed with the “no accents” thing for consistency.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Spell casting in Harry Potter is shown to have a reaction time component, such as in duels and what not. And in universe wizards have been shown to be susceptible to mundane weapons like blades and arrows.

So, how did Voldy expect to conquer a world that had machine guns? All the killing curses in the world aren’t going to do shit when you’re storming a gun line.

Even if he was functionally immortal, his minions weren’t and his physical body could still be damaged. So, take him out with an RPG, and keep his body in a bath of low level acid with an electrical current running through it so he can’t react or heal. Boom, done.
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Zincy  
Killing curse is only really special in that there is no magic counter, there are probably tons of curses that can kill large groups, and they don’t really need to move fast, Voldy can just turn every government into a dicatorship under his control since he can just Imperious all the people who nromally act as possible failing points he’s literally got all the time in the world to slowly erase Muggle society until he’s ready to openly tear it down and replace it with his new world order,
Background Pony #172B
I already posted this on the anime thread, but I may as well post it here too.

Nearly a year after announcing they’d acquired the rights, GKIDS has officially unveiled the first ever North American Blu-ray release of Neon Genesis Evangelion and put two different versions up for pre-order. The first one is the standard edition, which includes the “official” dub and subtitled versions (i.e. the versions done by Netflix) of all 26 episodes of the original series and the two finale movies (Death (True)² and The End of Evangelion), as well as over five hours of bonus features.  
full

The second version is the collector’s edition, which additionally includes a 40-page art book, eight art cards, the video format version of The End of Evangelion, and the “classic” dub and subtitled versions (i.e. the versions done by ADV Films) of the series and movies.  
full

There’s also an ultimate edition that was put up for pre-order a few weeks ago. It includes everything the collector’s edition has, plus a bigger art book (156 pages instead of 40 pages), limited edition artwork, art boards, a Sachiel resin paperweight, and a NERV ID card with lanyard. Unfortunately, that edition is limited to 5,000 copies, and it sold out within just a few hours of going on pre-order.  
full
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@ichiban iceychan 1517

I’m glad they’re leaning more into the games than the last ones. But I’m apprehensive about it trying to adapt both the first 2 games.

1 can easily be summarized in a good 20 or 15 minute span. 2 less so, but still possible. Doing both, and needing to handle the transition between plots in a what, 1 and half hour length? I’m worried.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@ichiban iceychan 1517  
Looks way better than the ones we’ve had previously.

If that is Lisa Trevor then Im hella impressed.

Also if the guy on the right is Chris then I’m doubly impressed! Check out his GUNS holy shit!

But I’m worried. You’re dumping way too many fan fave characters in the movie that I’m afraid you ain’t gonna have time to develop them, especially if the movie is stand-alone and independent from the entire franchise in general.

Ninja’d by Dustcan
Background Pony #D00B
@ichiban iceychan 1517  
I’ll give them points for being more visually accurate, but I’m a little sad that Barry Burton doesn’t seem to be here.

@Dustcan  
I’m glad they’re leaning more into the games than the last ones. But I’m apprehensive about it trying to adapt both the first 2 games.
1 can easily be summarized in a good 20 or 15 minute span.
Perhaps they’re planning to pad it out with 45 minutes or so of them looking for medallions and gems and assorted bric-a-brac to unlock the doors.

@tehwatever  
If that is Lisa Trevor then Im hella impressed.
Seconded. That’s an impressively recognizable game character to live action transition.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Also i’ve seen people get upset over the race lifting (Leon and Claire), but imo them being played by non-Americans isn’t a big deal.

Only complains i have is that Wesker does not look like his video game version, and Leon with facial hair feels weird imo. Dude’s been a baby face his whole career, seeing him with a moustache feels wrong.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Bought the MTG starter box (arena, two mono-color sets) for Adventures in Forgotten Realms, the DnD themed set.

I bought sight unseen from my local game stores website cause I felt like rolling the dice on colors. Hoping for one set to at least be Black, Red, or Blue but my luck is I’ll get green and white.

Last time I did this I got white and red, can’t remember the set…think it was that weird steampunk one from 18.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Chris’s arms tho.

I want 90% of Chris’ scenes in the movie to give us that Manservice we all crave.

I want him flexing the entire time. Butt shots would be a bonus.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Honestly my biggest worry about cramming the plots of RE 1 and 2 in the same film is that the monsters won’t get the menace they deserve.

Like, we’re getting Lisa Trevor. That’s hype AF since it means a higher chance for getting T-002 Tyrant as well in the RE 1 portion, and Birkin and Mr. X in the RE 2 portion. That’s brilliant; Lisa foreshadows the G virus to set up Birkin before his debut and T-002 followed by Mr. X shows that not only is there a series of Tyrants but that they continuously improve the models going forward. That creates dread and hype for future models: in this case Nemesis. It demonstrates an escalation of danger and threat thanks to setup.

But again, I worry they won’t fully adapt their menace. Birkin and Mr. X works because they just keep coming back for more. A feature that doesn’t work if there’s only like an half hour left of runtime, especially if they have to share that half hour.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

A series would work well with a show of this quality. You can even parallel 1 and 2 with a couple eps each.

IMO eight 20 to 40 min eps are enough to cover the entirety of RE1 and RE2, including Ada’s sidequests and Claire / Leon individual stories, with spare time to give the tyrants’ immortality some highlights.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide