The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
Was he on the Spidey side or bad guy side? Also in hindsight Venom’s cameo was kind of a waste apart from him leaving some of that Symbiote goop behind (I remember hearing that Tom Hardy saying that he wanted to have him facing off against Tom Holland’s Spidey in the future, so unless the MCU version of Eddie IS Tom Hardy again or more multiverse shenanigans happen, i don’t think that seems likely.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Bad guy.
The draft says that Venom just swoops in into the middle of the Spideys’ fight with the villains. Thanks to Jameson’s broadcast he thinks the Spideys are villains so fights alongside the actual villains. That’s about all I know.
From the sounds of it that’s also Venom’s first appearance in the movie, which would be pretty bad actually. As awesome as a full Sinister Six lineup would be having the last one have no prior screentime would be bad storytelling.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
I never expected Venom to be more than a goofy aftercredits cameo, and at least it just establishes the symbiote to appear in the MCU at some point. As for Hardy fighting Holland, given they aren’t against using actors from different movies to play the same character(see JK Simmons as J Jonah Jamenson) there’s nothing stopping Hardy from playing being the MCU’s version of Eddie/Venom
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Mr. Krabs usually does get his well deserved comeuppance whenever he does shit that even Plankton would view as an “asshole move” but other times he gets off scot-free.
I think this one is the most absurd and disgusting:
Now he does get his ass arrested and thrown in court but he got off easy since the Judge is a massive fanboy for Spongebob.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
If the MCU really wanted to be creative, the symbiote goop left behind should turn out to be Mania.
But as much as a nerd flex as having Not!Venom is, that’d be a bad idea. So instead of Eddie as Venom again they should either jump straight to Venorpion or Agent Venom.
Mac Gargan has been teased since the first movie, so folding him and the symbiote together would be great to condense plots when you have to constrain yourself to a movie format. After/failing that, Flash has been used throughout the trilogy. His fanboying of Spiderman would be a perfect setup to giving him the symbiote, thus elevating him to main character status.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
Flash in the Spidey movies (espically this version) only seems to seeve the role in bit scenes to establish how shitty Peter’s school life is (IIRC the Rami version basically disappearsafter the first half of the movie after Peter makes fun of him), i don’t see them growing more them being used for a quick comic relief
also wasn’t the backstory for Agent Venom was that Flash joined the army and got his leg blown of, and he got the symbiote to help with that? MCU Flash def doesn’t seem like the type to join the army
also it would be better to establish Scorpion as his own self first before we go infecting him with the symbiote.
IMO it would just be safer/better to have MCU Venom be the MCU version of Eddie Brock
Background Pony #34FA
Kinda want to try my hand at writing a first contact sci-fi story.
Extra terrestrial life and how people would react is one of my favorite things to explore.
Background Pony #34FA
The best type of sci-fi is the deep stuff.
Yes the more pulpy side of sci-fi has it’s place too and I can enjoy a good space battle. But stories about the human condition are my favorite.
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
working though the marvel backlog and just fined eternal’s.
people that saw this is like thor 2 bad are on crack or something.
honestly kinda loved what it does and characters are definitely ones i’m hoping turn up again.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
I’ve only seen like 5 pieces of Star Trek media in recent years so my confusion could easily be explained by a longtime Trekie so feel free to jump in.
One aspect of Federation ships that always puzzled me are the saucer sections:
Why that design?
Do most of these ships allow the saucer to detach and fly solo?
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@CaptainXtra
As far as I know, only the Galaxy Class (Enterprise-D being one) and the Promethean Class starships are capable of saucer separation. The Constitution Class is also supposedly capable of saucer separation, but that was never shown on the show.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@CaptainXtra
Even when the saucer sections don’t detach it usually puts some space between them and the warp core, they began to streamline them once they found out that they were doing long term damage to subspace and needed sleeker profiles to reduce that effect,
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@CaptainXtra
FTL travel used by most people in trek goes through another dimension called subspace, it turns out that the brute force approach they used to gaining more speed was damaging it threatening to render warp travel and even ftl comunications impossible in those regions,
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
That’s probably the second time I’ve ever heard of a downside to FTL travel through slipspace.
The other was in Homeworld Cataclysm. But the danger there was randomly hitting a patch of extradimensional biomechanical viral entity. It didn’t end well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide