The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I haven’t followed Dragon Ball closely for the past decade but I recall hearing about “I ACCEPT YOUR CONCESSION” or something like that as a meme…
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
On the one hand, Quesada has been the one and hardest wall stopping any attempts to undo OMD outright. And to a lesser degree he’s a huge stickler on preventing any real change from happening in stories.
On the other he’s reportedly a pretty good editor outside of those bugbears of his. So yeah, there’s now a chance for things of actual consequence to happen, but no guarantee those consequences will be good.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@TheFinite
Also, that’s another thing with series finales. You expect me to believe that this group of friends who have hung out with each other for ten years, who have almost never hung out with anyone else outside of said isolated friend group, is never going to hang out or see each other again? Come on.
Admittedly, it’s a little more justified in That ’70s Show, since it was the era before social media but they were also all in high school, and a lot of high school friends don’t remain close once they move away. Just ask me. I only have one remaining friend from high school who I’ve hung out with in any proximity, after all the rest of them either fell out of contact with me, moved away, or died.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Now, my personal favorite series finale is the one where the main lead hooks up with Laura Dern and it causes a paradox where the entire town disappears, and the woman who had been murdered is now alive but has a completely different name and memories. Classic, but a bit tropey.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
And finished Stranger Things S4a.
I think I enjoyed it more than S2 or 3 so far, but we’ll see when the second half of the season drops. But really the big issue I have with the season is that none of the plots are interconnecting well.
The first 3 seasons juggled their characters pretty well. Despite the large cast it effectively herded them, and characters still regularly jumped in and out of other cast herds as their plots bumped into each other. 7 episodes in S4 however, and not only is the cast the biggest it’s ever been but none of the herds interact or do their plots connect. And the mid-season finale doesn’t look like it’s going to change that soon as the cast is divided between like 4 herds spread literally over not only the entire world but also in 2 dimensions.
It’s good but S4b is really gonna need to stick the landing.
Thanotos Omega

@Angrybrony
@Dustcan
Linkara pointed out that if they wanted to undo OMD they could have done so by now, the truth is that Peter’s marriage was deeply unpopular with most of the writers ect, Joe just got the blame because he was the biggest name involved,
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Gorr’s MCU look is growing on me.
Still a downgrade since it means we aren’t getting Christian Bale in a thong though.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
What’s a film that, in your opinion, has a history that’s far more interesting than the movie itself?
For me, that’s The Bodyguard. The film’s script had been written twenty years earlier by the co-writer of Raiders of the Lost Ark, with the intention of casting Steve McQueen and Diana Ross in the roles eventually taken by Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston; it was the source of Houston’s biggest hit, her cover of “I Will Always Love You” by Dolly Parton; and it was allegedly based on Yojimbo by famed Japanese director Akira Kurosawa. Yet, when I watch the movie, I always find it to be just kind of an average romantic drama/murder thriller.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide