The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Just Wayne
I cackle with glee when people are afraid of ideas. They’re fragile and lack volition. The truth is scientifically consistent, and can predict results, when you control people with lies, you inhibit their ability to predict results. You take away your subjects power to help you when you don’t let them know what’s really going on.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
@Hollowfox The Worst
I do have to wonder what this means for the women who currently play as Ariel at Disneyland and the other parks (which AFAIK have always matched the cartoon). Will they get reassigned or will Disney go that far?
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
Pinocchio 2022 is the unflavored wheat slop of the disney remakes. The story is bland. Pinocchio being his cartoon self jars with the realistic look everyone else has. It has the worst version of those remakes need to sand down any rough edges and be the most inoffensive to absolutely everyone. And I don’t mean in a woke way, whatever the hell woke Pinocchio would look like would probably have been more interesting. I mean how Pinocchio is a Good Boy (TM) and not allowed to be a bit of stupid shithead.
In the original he loves pleasure island and it fucks him, in this he’s just a horrified hostage who gets dragged along. Hell the whole plot just kind of drags him along with it. He’s not ditching school to go hang out with the creepy fox man, this time he gets booted out first then listens to the sleezy fox man, because he’s not school skipper, he’s a good boy.
I mean how the kids drinking beer and smoking cigars is replaced by root beer and there’s no cigars. As if they couldn’t easily frame child cigar smoking as obviously fucking bad.
Bright side though, that realistic CGI fox tech is looking great. Very Expressive. I hope the “live action” Robin Hood they plan is actually a fun adventure movie. Though I worry Disney will remove Robin’s charm.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@phoenixacezero
Because what would point of doing a remake if it were the exact same thing.
Like I feel that when these remakes change stuff it’s an attempt to justify being made regardless of how little sense they make.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I will reiterate my stance that remakes and reboots should be done for cult classics and movies that did not get the attention they deserved back in their orginal launch.
Whenever you remake a classic, people will always weigh it against the orginal. And it will very rarely grow out of its predecessors shadow.
Movies with sleeper fan bases, cult hits, or victims of circumstance (came out at the wrong time, got overlooked) can come in with a fairly clean slate. Plus, longtime fans will support it as it could be the first bit of new content for the series in years.
Treasure Planet and Atlantis come to mind, and Titan AE now that Disney owns the studio that made it. And even though they’re considered “classics” now, movies like Lelo and Stich, and the Iron Giant would be good candidates since they fell short back in the day due to factors outside of the quality of the films.
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
@phoenixacezero
She really could be replaced with “And some magic happened” and nothing would change. Which is a shame because I thought the actress did a good job with what little she was given.
@Zincy
Or a bad movie with a good premise. Like Cube or something.
Treasure Planet would really benefit from a 2020s remake. Nice shiny “remastered” CGI visuals, they could remove the “remember this is a kids movie” fart type jokes because the audience is adults now, and they could just have a really good heartfelt family friendly space adventure.
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Darth Prime
And the changes made were bad for the story.
Pinnochio is already a good boy which makes his journey pointless. the theater, pleasure island and Monstro are pointless and the Blue fairy get one role and that one can easily be replaced.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide