The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Kiryu-Chan
It’s just something I find funny especially since no one brings it probably because no one can actually remember anything about James Cameron’s Avatar.
I’ve never even actually watched that movie all the way through beginning to end and I at least know she’s in it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Tbf, most of its box office was inflated from its 3D releases back in the day
Yeah I know. Avatar is the most grossing film of all time because it totaled up all the sales from James Cameron releasing it in theaters like a hundred times now and plagiarized just as many IPs to sucker in fans of those things towards his Frankenstein-esque product.
Avengers did it with a legit single release.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@icicle wicicle 1517
I’m only a fan of the other Avatar where they manipulate natural elements with martial arts. Unfortunately the movie of that Avatar is something I’m glad no one ever talks about anymore.
I miss when James Cameron made incredible sequels that exceed the quality of the first films, but now he seems to even mess up his own sci fi franchise of killer robots. Avengers had years of buildup with its episodic formula and either the studio behind Avatar or Cameron himself got jealous and wanted to win back the glory.
Darth Prime
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Just Wayne
Well James Cameron’s Avatar is owned by Fox who in case forget or somehow missed it is owned by the Walt Disney Corporation.
So Disney gets to own the two highest grossing movies.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Dustcan
Well yeah how else do you think we’re getting a new one?
Cameron stopped talk shit about The Avengers and praised Endgame so now that he’s kissed the Mouses’s ring it’s throwing him a bone.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
All I know is I’m going to be disappointed if Avatar 2 doesn’t plagiarize Mass Effect.
I mean, I’m expecting to be disappointed regardless, but I’ll be especially disappointed if James Cameron doesn’t rip off the biggest sci-fi franchise of the last decade.
The movie could wave away the inconvenient 6-year trip to Pandora by saying humans invented tuning fork shaped “football goal shaped” mass relays “hyperspace transmits”.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Penguin Dragneel
The appeal was it was pretty to look at it was all visual spectacle held together with the same basic premise of FrenGully but lacking Tim Curry singing about getting off to pollution so it’s inferiority is obvious.
But as the highest grossing movie ever it thus proves definitely that story character and such are just no substance for pretty visual that’s all most everyone cares about.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The best part is the post-battle explanation was something more than inanity like “x yottatons of TNT!” of “X scales to Y!” Or both.
I was fully expecting them to say something like:
“Superman once held up half of the anthropomorphic representation of infinity. Infinity divided by 2 is still infinity, so Superman is infinitely strong. Black Adam once got into a fight with Superman and held his own, thus Black Adam is infinitely strong!”
“The Hulk once destroyed a pocket dimension by punching it with enough strength to ‘destroy the universe a thousand times over’, and the Marvel universe is 100 times bigger than our own. Thus Hulk has the strength of 100,000 universes and Apocalypse once fought and held his own with Hulk. Thus Apocalypse also has the strength of 100,000 universes!”
“Black Adam’s strength of infinity equals more TNT than Apocalypse equivalent TNT strength of 100,000 universes, therefore the winner is Black Adam!”
But nope. Thank god they’ve been moving away from such banality this season. They just referenced both character’s respective canon feats, alluded to people they’ve scaled to, before brushing it aside with a handwave that they both are so ridiculously strong that numbers stop mattering. A battle won because one guy has more counters and/or useful powers is more entertaining that one guy winning because despite having a worse powerset ‘his TNT has more zeroes at the end than the other guy!’ or ‘he once fought a guy who has these many zeroes in his TNT!’
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide